[comp.sources.wanted] tape utilities

gihill@thunder.UUCP (04/07/87)

Hello,
	I am looking for some UNIX or VMS tape utilities that will
let me read tapes that were created on a TOPS-20 system.  These
tapes could be in either DUMPER or COPY format.  Thanks for any
help.

--
Geoff Hill				UUCP: watmath!thunder!gihill
Computer Services 			BITNET: gihill@lakehead

galen@pdp.cs.OHIOU.EDU (Douglas Wade Needham) (04/19/87)

In article <327@thunder.UUCP>, gihill@thunder.UUCP writes:

> 	I am looking for some UNIX or VMS tape utilities that will
> let me read tapes that were created on a TOPS-20 system.  These
> tapes could be in either DUMPER or COPY format.  Thanks for any
> help.

Check on the VMS Integration Tools package.  It is available from:
	Tools Clearinghouse
	Large Systems Marketing
	Digital Equipment Corporation
	One Iron Way
	marlboro, Mass. 01752

Release 6 has a utility for reading TOPS-20 Tapes from VMS, along
with several other routines.

Hope this helps you.

- douglas wade needham (galen@pdp.cs.OHIOU.EDU and after additional
				networking  root@vax.ece.OHIOU.EDU)
--
Douglas Wade Needham     (614)593-1567 (work) or (614)597-5969 (Home)