[comp.sources.wanted] uw

billw@wolf.UUCP (Bill Wisner) (05/05/87)

Apologies for the wide distribution of this article, but I REALLY want an
answer..

I have uw, UNIX Windows, running on my Atari ST. It is simply a port of the
Macintosh version that was recently posted to an Atari sources newsgroup.
I ask if anybody has gotten the UNIX end of uw to run on a System V machine;
or, more specifically, SCO Xenix. If so, PLEASE (!) tell me how you got it
to compile. I am an utter pinhead when it comes to C.

The UNIX end sources are written for bsd UNIXes.

Thanks.
--
Bill Wisner
..{sdcsvax,ihnp4}!jack!wolf!billw

vns@mhres.UUCP (05/06/87)

In article <326@wolf.UUCP>, billw@wolf.UUCP (Bill Wisner) writes:
> I ask if anybody has gotten the UNIX end of uw to run on a System V machine;
> or, more specifically, SCO Xenix. If so, PLEASE (!) tell me how you got it
> to compile. I am an utter pinhead when it comes to C.
>
> The UNIX end sources are written for bsd UNIXes.

This last point is indeed the problem.

UW on Unix is written for BSD Unix, pseudo terminals, and such.
So it needs to be rewritten completely to get it running for System V.

I don't know whether that is possible at all, if so, I am too interested
in a port to System V.

--
Real-Name: Gertjan Vinkesteyn, back in Holland
UUCP and other network	  )\/(	in America: ..!seismo!mcvax!mhres!vns