[comp.sources.wanted] "Byte" sources needed

dalenber@uiucdcsp.UUCP (04/30/87)

Does anyone know if there is any way to obtain the source code
from Byte articles via the Usenet? I am interested in obtaining the
source for "AdvSys", the adventure game writing system featured
in the May, 1987 issue; but general information on obtaining these
sources would also be appreciated.

Thanks!

Russel Dalenberg

	UUCP:	{pur-ee,convex,ihnp4}!uiucdcs!dalenber
	ARPA:	dalenber@a.cs.uiuc.edu
	CSNET:	dalenber@UIUC.CSNET

jimomura@lsuc.UUCP (05/07/87)

In article <75400001@uiucdcsp> dalenber@uiucdcsp.UUCP writes:

>Does anyone know if there is any way to obtain the source code
>from Byte articles via the Usenet? I am interested in obtaining the
>source for "AdvSys", the adventure game writing system featured
>in the May, 1987 issue; but general information on obtaining these
>sources would also be appreciated.
>
>Thanks!

     All sources printed in Byte or in regard to articles in Byte
are available on Byte Information Exchange.  They are also available
on the Byte BBS (which I don't have the phone number for).

     The last I heard, you can find the Byte sources on some BBS's
as well.  Canada Remote Systems in Toronto, just as an example
usually has them available (although generally posted by request).

Cheers! -- Jim O.

--
Jim Omura, 2A King George's Drive, Toronto, (416) 652-3880
ihnp4!utzoo!lsuc!jimomura

damon@upba.UUCP (05/09/87)

Byte runs a BBS called ByteNet (different than BIX) where it keeps sources
for all the recent articles.  The phone number is (617) 861-9764

--
Damon Scaggs
ihnp4!upba!damon