[comp.sources.wanted] MSDOS 3.2 quiet batch ???

ees@vax135.UUCP (Gene Sampieri) (05/08/87)

In the past there was a patch cor command.com posted to make batch files
operate quietly in MSDOS 3.1.

Is there a known patch for MSDOS 3.2

Gene Sampieri
AT&T Bell Labs
Holmdel, N.J.
vax135!ees

tr@thumper.UUCP (05/09/87)

In article <1755@vax135.UUCP>, ees@vax135.UUCP writes:

> In the past there was a patch cor command.com posted to make batch files
> operate quietly in MSDOS 3.1.
>
> Is there a known patch for MSDOS 3.2
>
> Gene Sampieri

To turn echo off in PC-DOS version 3.2, type this into debug:

-e 1b2c
xxxx:1B2C  01.00
-w
Writing 5CEF bytes
-q

--
Tom Reingold
INTERNET:       tr@bellcore.bellcore.com

apn@nonvon.UUCP (root) (05/10/87)

>> In the past there was a patch cor command.com posted to make batch files
>> operate quietly in MSDOS 3.1.
>> Is there a known patch for MSDOS 3.2
>
> To turn echo off in PC-DOS version 3.2, type this into debug:
>
> -e 1b2c
> xxxx:1B2C  01.00
> -w
> Writing 5CEF bytes
> -q

So.... the question remains:
what do you do for MS-DOS 3.2 ?

I have some official looking PC-DOS 3.1 patches... should I post ?
( again, note I have patches for PC not MS DOS )

Alex P Novickis

UUCP: {ihnp4,ames,qantel,sun,seismo,amdahl,lll-crg,pyramid}!ptsfa!nonvon!apn

{* Only those who attempt the absurd   ...   will achieve the impossible   *}
{* I think... I think it's in my basement... Let me go upstairs and check. *}
{*                                                      -escher            *}