[comp.sources.wanted] troff filter for Xerox 4045 or Xerox 2700 ???

rr@gt-cmmsr.GATECH.EDU (Richard Robison) (05/15/87)

Does anyone have a troff filter for the Xerox 4045 or Xerox 2700 laser
printers?

Also, where can I get a troff to Postscript translator?

Thanks in advance.

-Richard

--
Richard Robison

UUCP:	rr@gt-cmmsr.UUCP
        ...!{akgua,allegra,hplabs,ihnp4,seismo,ulysses}!gatech!gt-cmmsr!rr
INTERNET:	rr@cmmsr.gatech.edu

det@herman.UUCP (05/16/87)

I would also be interested in a troff/nroff to postscript (or qume) translator
since we have access to a postscript machine, but no software to do anything
useful with it...

dlc@beta.UUCP (Dale Carstensen) (05/19/87)

In article <496@herman.UUCP>, det@herman.UUCP (Derek Terveer) writes:

> I would also be interested in a troff/nroff to postscript (or qume) translator
> since we have access to a postscript machine, but no software to do anything
> useful with it...
Two troff/PostScript packages are available that I know of (you might check
into subscribing to ar.laser-lovers or comp.text or mod.computers.laser-
printers or comp.laser-printers, that's where you'll see news about
PostScript and troff.)  They are:
  TranScript
     Adobe Systems Inc.
     1870 Embarcadero Road
     Palo Alto, CA 94303
    (415)852-0271

  devps
     Pipeline Associates, Inc.
     39 East 12th St.
     New York, NY 10003

Pipeline Associates seems to be Steve Kochan and Pat Wood who have written
some books about Unix and C.  They are also publishing "The PostScript
Journal."  Pat Wood is a frequent contributor to the above news groups, as
is Glenn Reid of Adobe.

jlo@elan.UUCP (05/20/87)

> Two troff/PostScript packages are available that I know of (you might check
> into subscribing to ar.laser-lovers or comp.text or mod.computers.laser-
> printers or comp.laser-printers, that's where you'll see news about
> PostScript and troff.)  They are:
>   TranScript
>   devps

If you are looking for a commercial troff/PostScript package there's also

	ELAN Computer Group
	410 Cambridge Avenue, Suite A
	Palo Alto, CA 94306
	(415)322-2450

We sell EROFF, which is a troff package for PostScript, HP LaserJet or
Imagen printers.

					Jeff Lo
					ELAN Computer Group
					..!{ames,hplabs}!elan!jlo