[comp.sources.wanted] mailx / Mail wanted for 3B1

riddle@im4u.UUCP (Prentiss Riddle) (05/19/87)

I have heard rumors to the effect that there exists a version of "mailx"
(aka Berkeley "Mail") for AT&T's 3B1.  Does anyone know where I could find
such a beast?

Please reply directly to the address below, as I am not a regular reader of
Usenet news and I am not posting this from my usual machine.  Thanks.

--- Prentiss Riddle ("Aprendiz de todo, maestro de nada.")
--- {ihnp4,harvard,seismo,gatech}!ut-sally!im4u!woton!riddle

ideas@pc.ecn.purdue.edu (David P Kessler) (05/22/87)

In article <1842@im4u.UUCP> riddle@im4u.UUCP (Prentiss Riddle) writes:
>I have heard rumors to the effect that there exists a version of "mailx"
>(aka Berkeley "Mail") for AT&T's 3B1.  Does anyone know where I could find
>such a beast?

We are attempting to network a load of these machines together, and the
lack of many more "modern" utilities (Mail, HDB UUCP, for example) has
made this very difficult. So, does anyone know a source of Berkley
extensions, and whatnot, for the 3b1/pc7300 ?

Also, does anybody from AT+T know the status of HDB UUCP for the 7300?
I had been told a while back that "maybe mid-summer" was the best estimate.

Thanks....
	Paul Kurmas
	Dept of Freshman Engineering
	Purdue University