[comp.sources.wanted] Wanted: smail 2.3

chips@usfvax2.UUCP (Chip Salzenberg) (05/28/87)

I'm looking for smail 2.3 sources.  I'm running SCO Xenix System V, which
is supposedly SVID-conforming; but I know that at least one or two small
changes will be needed.  :-)

"Anonymous FTP" won't help, since I can't get onto Arpanet (not even
anonymously. :-)  I'm hoping for L.sys line(s) and pathnames.

Thanks...

--
Chip Salzenberg		    Address: "{gatech,cbatt,akgua}!usfvax2!ateng!chip"
AT Engineering, Tampa, FL   Redress: "chips@usfvax2.UUCP"

Karl.Kleinpaste@cbstr1.att.com (06/01/87)

Posting-Front-End: GNU Emacs 18.44.1 of Mon May 18 1987 on cbstr1 (usg-unix-v)

Larry Auton noted in <9714@clyde.ATT.COM> of comp.mail.uucp (dated 28
May 1987) that a new version of smail will (should?) be released
before or at the June USENIX.  Hang on a couple weeks...

Karl

lda@clyde.UUCP (06/18/87)

In article <252@cbstr1.att.com> Karl.Kleinpaste@cbstr1.att.com writes:
>Larry Auton noted in <9714@clyde.ATT.COM> of comp.mail.uucp (dated 28
>May 1987) that a new version of smail will (should?) be released
>before or at the June USENIX.  Hang on a couple weeks...
>
>Karl

What I indicated was that the next release was going into BETA test
before the June USENIX, and that I hoped to release it "real soon now."

At USENIX, I stumbled across some others who are working on smail.  They
had some great ideas, and apparently most of them are working!  In the
interest of providing the best product I can, I want to get their input
before going further into making the release.

Larry