[comp.sources.wanted] NNTP, RRN, and MuSh-DOS ?

tim@pilchuck.Data-IO.COM (The Daemon's Slave) (08/05/87)

  Just out of curiosity, is there anyone that is in the process, or  has
ported RRN to the PC that's running something like the MIT PCIP  package
with a NNTP server available?  If so I sure would like to talk to you as
I'm kind of thinking of  giving it a try  and wouldn't want to  reinvent
the wheel or head off on an impossible task.

  Also what's the  word on  the lates version  of NNTP  such as  release
date, etc.  Thanks.
--
..decvax!microsoft-\  <tim@pilchuck.Data-IO.COM>   Tim Rosmus (Sys Admin)
..cbosgd!fluke------\                            Data I/O - FutureNet Corp.

cccrose@ucdavis.UUCP (Heather "B" Rose) (08/06/87)

tim@pilchuck.Data-IO.COM (Tim Rosmus) writes:
>  Just out of curiosity, is there anyone that is in the process, or  has
>ported RRN to the PC that's running something like the MIT PCIP  package
>with a NNTP server available?  If so I sure would like to talk to you as
>I'm kind of thinking of  giving it a try  and wouldn't want to  reinvent
>the wheel or head off on an impossible task.

Here at Davis we have ported the MIT PC tcp-ip software to our IBM PC-types
and we would also like to run news on them.  I would be very interested
in an NNTP server for the MS-DOS operating system if anyone knows of
one that has been written.  If one has not been written, we'll be
giving it a try as well.

--Heather Rose