[comp.sources.wanted] Parallel Make

murthy@dopey.cs.cornell.edu (Chet Murthy) (08/15/87)

Does anybody out there have a parallel Make program?  I am looking
for something which takes a list of machines which share a common filesystem,
and then forks parallel steps of the make via rsh or something, to
achieve parallel execution.

Thanks in advance,
chet

	--chet--
In Real Life:		Chet Murthy
ARPA:			murthy@svax.cs.cornell.edu
SnailMail:		Chet Murthy
			Gaslight Village Apts 21-B
			Uptown Road
			Ithaca, NY 14850
Office:			4162 Upson (607) 255-2219
MaBellNet:		(607)-257-5709

schaefer@ogcvax.UUCP (08/15/87)

In article <cornell.8660> murthy@dopey.cs.cornell.edu (Chet Murthy) writes:
>Does anybody out there have a parallel Make program?  I am looking
>for something which takes a list of machines which share a common filesystem,
>and then forks parallel steps of the make via rsh or something, to
>achieve parallel execution.

Something like this is available in DYNIX from Sequent, running on the Balance.
I'd like to see it running under UN*X on a dear old Vax 780; the heck with
forking the parallel steps to other processors/machines, just fork 'em.

Anybody have such a beast?

--
Bart Schaefer						Dept. of CS&E
CSNET:	schaefer@Oregon-Grad				Oregon Graduate Center