[comp.sources.wanted] 8085 to 8808 converter

susan@cci632.UUCP (Susan Micciche) (08/12/87)

 I am looking for a program that will convert Intel 8085 assembler code
 to Intel 8808 assembler code. Does such as animal exist or should we
 just start writing our own? Any pointers or hints would be much
 appreciated. Thanks.

 Susan Micciche
 ...seismo!rochester!cci632!susan

susan@cci632.UUCP (Susan Micciche) (08/13/87)

  I am looking for a program that will convert Intel 8085 assembler code
  to Intel 8088 assembler code. Does such as animal exist or should we

reeves@amd.AMD.COM (JR) (08/13/87)

In article <1513@cci632.UUCP> susan@cci632.UUCP (Susan Micciche) writes:

> I am looking for a program that will convert Intel 8085 assembler code
> to Intel 8808 assembler code. Does such as animal exist or should we
> just start writing our own? Any pointers or hints would be much
> appreciated. Thanks.
>
> Susan Micciche
> ...seismo!rochester!cci632!susan

I Presume you meant 8088. Shouldn't be too difficult to write your own
in fact maybe it could be done with macro's ?

J. Reeves

dave@mtuxo.UUCP (Dave Lindsay) (08/13/87)

I am looking for software that runs in an IBM PC and will read
CP/M 5 1/4" disks that were created on an Epson CP/M system.
I have some old information on a product called Xeno-Copy
from Vertex Systems in Los Angles,CA that claims to read all sorts
of CP/M formats into an IBM PC machine. However - Vertex apprears to
have disappeared! I really need to do this conversion and am willing
to buy a commercial package or get shareware/etc.

Any help on this problem?

   ____   _______   _____   _______     -------                   Dave Lindsay
  / __ \ |__   __| /   _ \ |__   __|  -====------                   mtuxo!dave
 |_|  |_|   |_|    \_____/    |_|       -------             Lincroft, NJ 07738

mjg@ecsvax.UUCP (08/14/87)

In article <504@mtuxo.UUCP>, dave@mtuxo.UUCP (Dave Lindsay) writes:

> I am looking for software that runs in an IBM PC and will read
> CP/M 5 1/4" disks that were created on an Epson CP/M system.
> I have some old information on a product called Xeno-Copy
> from Vertex Systems in Los Angles,CA that claims to read all sorts
> of CP/M formats into an IBM PC machine. However - Vertex apprears to
> have disappeared! I really need to do this conversion and am willing
> to buy a commercial package or get shareware/etc.

Vertex went out of business some time ago leaving the Author of
XenoCopy high and dry. He now markets it directly from his own
company, Xenosoft.  The current version is considerably improved
and supports around 300 formats.

Xenosoft is in Berkeley, CA, phone 415-525-3113

Mike Gingell    ...decvax!mcnc!ecsvax!mjg

dg@wrs.UUCP (David Goodenough) (08/14/87)

In article <1513@cci632.UUCP> susan@cci632.UUCP (Susan Micciche) writes:

> I am looking for a program that will convert Intel 8085 assembler code
> to Intel 8808 assembler code. Does such as animal exist or should we
> just start writing our own? Any pointers or hints would be much
> appreciated. Thanks.
>
> Susan Micciche
> ...seismo!rochester!cci632!susan

Assuming that the 8808 you mention is in fact the 8088 in the P.C. etc.
then there do exist programs for changing 8080 code into 8088 code (That's
how Micropro got a version of Wordstar out so damn fast: it's just the
8080 version in drag). The only risk using it on 8085 code is those two
odd instructions 'rim' & 'sim' (hex 30 & 20, I can't remember which is
which). Other than that the 8085 is code compatible with the 8080. I'd
start by getting hold of the people at Microsoft. Alternatively if you
can get hold of an 8088 assembler with macroing capabilities comparable
with RMAC by Digital Research you should be able to do it with macros.
(Believe it or not, I've seen a full 8080 assembler written using macros
on a 68K box) As for writing your own, it takes about six weeks to get
an assembler going from a cold start, all you have to do is to directly
translate the 8080 mneumonics into the appropriate 8088 byte values.
--
		dg@wrs.UUCP - David Goodenough

					+---+
					| +-+-+
					+-+-+ |
					  +---+

root@hobbes.UUCP (08/15/87)

+---- Susan Micciche writes the following in article <1513@cci632.UUCP> ----

|  I am looking for a program that will convert Intel 8085 assembler code
|  to Intel 8808 assembler code.
+----

I have in front of me an 8" disk from Sorcim (an old company - they made CP/M
spreadsheets, too) which has their ACT line of cross-assemblers on it.  They
have a program called TRANS86.COM which translates their 808[05] assembler
source to their 8086 assembler code.  The assemblers are quite good, 2 pass
with many "compiler directives", conditional compiles, macros, etc.  I really
liked it.  I don't think they sell it anymore, though.  Call CompuPro
(Viasyn) in Hayward California (415) 786-0909, they might still have copies
avaliable.

--
John Plocher uwvax!geowhiz!uwspan!plocher  plocher%uwspan.UUCP@uwvax.CS.WISC.EDU

dg@wrs.UUCP (David Goodenough) (08/17/87)

In article <504@mtuxo.UUCP> dave@mtuxo.UUCP (Dave Lindsay) writes:

>I am looking for software that runs in an IBM PC and will read
>CP/M 5 1/4" disks that were created on an Epson CP/M system.
>I have some old information on a product called Xeno-Copy
>from Vertex Systems in Los Angles,CA that claims to read all sorts
>of CP/M formats into an IBM PC machine. However - Vertex apprears to
>have disappeared! I really need to do this conversion and am willing
>to buy a commercial package or get shareware/etc.

Two packages to look at are Uniform from Integrated Micro Solutions,
DeKalb, Illinois; and Media Master. I'm not 100% sure if Media Master
exists on MS-DOS, but I know you can get Uniform. To find them look
in P.C. magazines, and there should be something there.
--
		dg@wrs.UUCP - David Goodenough

					+---+
					| +-+-+