[comp.sources.wanted] Unix PC CAD CAM?

guy@ihuxy.UUCP (08/15/87)

Is there any CAD CAM software that will run on a UNIX PC ?

One of my neighbors bought a 7300 because he thought
he would be able to get a CAD CAM package for it, but
hasn't hasn't found one yet.

Help me turn a very disappointed customer into a happy one!

Guy Berentsen
AT&T Bell Labs,  Naperville Il, 312 979 5493
4743 Douglas, Oswego Il 60543, 312-554-8065

avr@hou2d.UUCP (Adam V. Reed) (08/17/87)

In article <2078@ihuxy.ATT.COM>, guy@ihuxy.ATT.COM (Berentsen) writes:

> Is there any CAD CAM software that will run on a UNIX PC ?
>
> One of my neighbors bought a 7300 because he thought
> he would be able to get a CAD CAM package for it, but
> hasn't hasn't found one yet.
>
> Help me turn a very disappointed customer into a happy one!
>
> Guy Berentsen
> AT&T Bell Labs,  Naperville Il, 312 979 5493
> 4743 Douglas, Oswego Il 60543, 312-554-8065

I saw a very competent commercial CAD/CAM system for the
UNIX PC at the UNIX PC show in Holmdel, sometime in
1985/86. I was not interested in CAD/CAM at the time,
and I don't remember either the date or the vendor, but
the show was attended by several thousand people, so
someone probably has the information you need.
				Adam Reed (hou2d!avr)