[comp.sources.wanted] WE32100 Instruction Set Description and/or AT&T 3B5 Assembly Language Programming Manual

ronald@csuchico.EDU (Ronald Cole) (08/19/87)

Please help if you can.  I am retargeting my Modula-2 compiler to run on the
WE32100 processor of an AT&T 3B5.  For the last six months, I have called the
AT&T Documentation Hotline (1-800-432-6600) looking for the WE32100 instruction
set description (e.g. the state the processor is left in after executing some
instruction) and the AT&T 3B5 assembly language programming manual and all I
got was a headache and the data sheet for the WE32100 microprocessor; not that
this is too bad.  This particular data sheet contains an architectural summary,
flags/conditions, instruction set and summaries by mnemonic and opcode,
operating system instructions and microsequences, etc.  Great!  Now I am in
need of a tutorial on code generation to interface to Unix and C.  An assembly
language programming manual for the AT&T 3B5 would probably have this
information, but I have not been able to locate any such creature.  Anyone
who has done this kind of thing or knows where this information can be had
(please include AT&T manual select codes if applicable!), send me e-mail.
Thanks in advance!

--
Ronald Cole				| uucp:     ihnp4!csun!csuchic!ronald
AT&T 3B5 System Administrator		| PhoneNet: ronald@csuchico.edu

rich@oxtrap.UUCP (08/25/87)

In article <675@csuchic.csuchico.EDU> ronald@csuchico.EDU (Ronald Cole) writes:
>Please help if you can.  I am retargeting my Modula-2 compiler to run on the
>WE32100 processor of an AT&T 3B5.  For the last six months, I have called the
>AT&T Documentation Hotline (1-800-432-6600) looking for the WE32100 instruction
>set description...

The book you want is select code 451-000 titled (after a preamble)
"Maxicomputing in Microspace".  I got mine back when this came out,
(jan '85), and it is just what you want.

The next thing you will want is a list of timings by instruction.  I
have such a report that came from an at&t engineer about 2 years ago.
I don't have it online but if you want I can try to send him mail for
permission to redistribute.

K. Richard Magill
"We are the people our parents warned us about."

mlh@houxl.UUCP (M.HARRISON) (08/26/87)

In article <326@oxtrap.UUCP>, rich@oxtrap.UUCP (K. Richard Magill) writes:

> The book you want is select code 451-000 titled (after a preamble)
> "Maxicomputing in Microspace".  I got mine back when this came out,
> (jan '85), and it is just what you want.

There is an update to the above referenced book, Code 307-730 which
can also be ordered from the Documentation Center.
There is also a 3B2/5/15 Assembly Language Programming Manual, Code
305-000.
There are also Information Manuals on each of the chips (MMU, Math,
DMA Controller, DRAM Controller) in the WE 32100 and WE 32200 chip
families.
They are all orderable through the 800 number with a credit card.

If you want FREE information on the WE 32100, WE 32200 or WE 321SB
VMEbus Single Board Computer and UNIX System V/VME call
1-800-372-2447.

				Marc Harrison
				AT&T - Holmdel, NJ

				...ihnp4!houxl!mlh