[comp.sources.wanted] Driver for HP laser printer wanted

bill@aimt.UUCP (Bill Dana) (08/26/87)

Does anybody know where we could find a (free/cheap) ditroff
driver for an HP laserjet Series Two.

We have Eroff from Elan Computer Group, but it only runs on
an *IBM AT* running *DOS*! (looks pretty good but we would
like multiuser capabilities).

Thanks.

--
----------                    --------------                -------------
Bill Dana                     AIM Technology                Palo Alto, CA

kg@elan.UUCP (Ken Greer) (08/27/87)

in article <79@aimt.UUCP>, bill@aimt.UUCP (Bill Dana) says:

> Does anybody know where we could find a (free/cheap) ditroff
> driver for an HP laserjet Series Two.
>
> We have Eroff from Elan Computer Group, but it only runs on
> an *IBM AT* running *DOS*!  It looks pretty good but we would
> like multiuser capabilities.

Au contrare, mon frere!  Eroff is available for a wide variety
of UNIX systems in addition to MS-DOS.  I count 36 different UNIX
machines on our price list.

Sounds like it's time to talk to your boss!

Ken Greer
Elan Computer Group, Inc.
415-322-2450
{ames,hplabs}!elan!kg

bill@aimt.UUCP (Bill Dana) (08/28/87)

In article <209@elan.UUCP>, kg@elan.UUCP (Ken Greer) writes:
> in article <79@aimt.UUCP>, bill@aimt.UUCP (Bill Dana) says:
> >
> > We have Eroff from Elan Computer Group, but it only runs on
> > an *IBM AT* running *DOS*!  It looks pretty good but we would
> > like multiuser capabilities.
>
> Au contrare, mon frere!  Eroff is available for a wide variety

My appologies... I simply meant that *our* version of Eroff
only runs on an AT.  The version for our UNIX box was slightly
more expensive, and not in my budget. (rats, its good software).

We still would be interested in any ^(free/cheap)^ drivers
for the HP laserjet Series Two.

--
Bill Dana                     AIM Technology                Palo Alto, CA
...!uunet!aimt!bill
Hope my boss doesn't find out I am playing this silly game...

tim@ora.UUCP (Tim O'Reilly) (08/29/87)

Try TextWare International's tplus.  Call (617) UNI-TEXT and
ask for Brent Byer.

--
Tim O'Reilly (617) 527-4210
O'Reilly & Associates, Inc., Publishers of Nutshell Handbooks