[comp.sources.wanted] Fractal Geometry

stephen@etn-rad.UUCP (Stephen Johnson) (08/26/87)

I am looking for source code, preferably written in C, for fractal
geometry.  Any information about fractal geometry routines (articles,
software archives, and the like) which have been implemented under UNIX
or MSDOS would be appreciated.  Just send e-mail.  Thanks.

Who:	Stephen P. Johnson
What:	R&D S/W Engineer
Where:	Eaton IMSD
	31717 La Tienda Drive, Box 5009
	Westlake, Village, CA, 91359, (818)706-5692
	{ ihnp4,voder,trwrb,scgvaxd,jplgodo }!wlbr!etn-rad!stephen
How:	Just write, call, or send e-mail

lewisd@homxc.UUCP (D.LEWIS) (09/02/87)

In article <260@etn-rad.UUCP>, stephen@etn-rad.UUCP (Stephen Johnson) writes:

> I am looking for source code, preferably written in C, for fractal
> geometry.  Any information about fractal geometry routines (articles,
> software archives, and the like) which have been implemented under UNIX
> or MSDOS would be appreciated.  Just send e-mail.  Thanks.
> 	{ ihnp4,voder,trwrb,scgvaxd,jplgodo }!wlbr!etn-rad!stephen

I've been getting a newsletter called AMYGDALA.  It's published by
Rollo Silver.  I believe the address is Box 119, San Cristobal, NM.
(I don't know the zip.)  It includes interesting discussions of
fractals and of the Mandelbrot set.  Much of the discussion on coding
is about shortcuts and speedups.  For a program on which to implement
such speedups see BYTE magazine; within the past 8 months it has published
a routine for the Amiga in C.  You should be able to clean it up without
much trouble.  I have the reference at home; email me directly if you
want more information, and I'll try to find it. -david

--

David B. Lewis    {ihnp4!}homxc!lewisd
201-615-5306 Eastern Time, Days.