[comp.sources.wanted] Fourier Analysis

jackson@utzoo.UUCP (Don Jackson) (09/03/87)

I would like to obtain obtain a program to perform Fourier analysis.  I  I  am
trying  to avoid writing one and would like to know if anyone has a FORTRAN or
BASIC version which they would be willing to email to me or  know  of  a  pub-
lished listing. Thanks for the help.
--
Name:   Don Jackson
Mail:   Dept. Zoology, Univ. Toronto

thisted@gargoyle.UChicago.EDU (Ronald A. Thisted) (09/03/87)

In article <8545@utzoo.UUCP> jackson@utzoo.UUCP (Don Jackson) writes:

>I would like to obtain obtain a program to perform Fourier analysis.  I  am
>trying  to avoid writing one and would like to know if anyone has a FORTRAN or
>BASIC version which they would be willing to email to me or  know  of  a  pub-
>lished listing. Thanks for the help.
>--
_Numerical_Recipes_ by Press, Flannery, Teukolsky, and Vetterling (Cambridge,
1986) has a wealth of Fortran-77 subroutines for all manner of scientific
computation.  While not always at the cutting edge of numerical software,
the routines that I have used are pretty robust, and the text makes it crystal
clear what they are doing (so that at least you know).  The Fortran code is
also available in machine readable form at low cost.  This book and the code
that goes with it have saved me hours of work.  It is a first-rate product,
and I hope that the authors are making a *pile* of money.

They do have Fourier transform routines.  The software is not public domain,
so I can't (won't) email or post, but you would need the excellent descriptions
and documentation the book provides to use them anyway.   [They are short
enough to type in.]

Ron Thisted, Dept of Stats, The Univ of Chicago
thisted@galton.uchicago.edu

kaizer@nvpna1.UUCP (Arie Kaizer) (09/14/87)

R. Singleton, Communications of the ACM, no 338.