[comp.sources.wanted] Software wanted

turner@imagen.UUCP (D'arc Angel) (04/20/87)

Does anyone have a program that will convert IFF format files to
Atari NEOchrome or Degas format??

please email responses

thanks

--
---------------
C'est la vie, C'est la guerre, C'est la pomme de terre

neil@atari.UUCP (Neil Harris) (04/21/87)

In article <1120@imagen.UUCP>, turner@imagen.UUCP (D'arc Angel) writes:
> Does anyone have a program that will convert IFF format files to
> Atari NEOchrome or Degas format??

On that giant pile of disks you got from Atari Base is a program called
PICSW6.PRG, along with an associated .DOC file.  This one will take Amiga
IFF files and Mac files and convert them to NEO or DEGAS format, any
resolution.  It will also convert resulutions and formats.

--
--->Neil Harris, Director of Marketing Communications, Atari Corporation
UUCP: ...{hoptoad, lll-lcc, pyramid, imagen, sun}!atari!neil

akw@osupyr.UUCP (FarOff MicroDesigns) (04/21/87)

In article <1120@imagen.UUCP> turner@imagen.UUCP (D'arc Angel) writes:
>Does anyone have a program that will convert IFF format files to
>Atari NEOchrome or Degas format??

Jim,

	Degas Elite does the transformation automatically.  You can load
in a picture of any three ST modes (into *any other* ST mode), NEO files,
Amiga IFF files, N-Vision files [I think] and even 8-bit Koala Micro-
Illustrator files.

	Maybe Tom Hudson has a program (PD?) that does the conversion,
I am sure that he would know where to find such a beast.  Course there
might be one on CompuServe or more likely GEnie since Atari has moved
their net operations there, according to what I have heard.

	If you find such a thing, please post it!

Andy Weaver / akw@osupyr.UUCP / 614.293.1195 or .292.1741
The Ohio State University / Columbus, OH / "Go Bucks."
"Like cold water to the bones, so is good news from a distant land." Prov25.25

Disclaimer:  If Ohio State knew I had UseNet access, they would probably
have to ask what exactly UseNet is. And how much they should charge.

P.S.  Its good to have net access again since one of our feeds was down for
      about two weeks...

jimomura@lsuc.UUCP (04/22/87)

     Another program which will handle IFF to Atari conversions is Degas
Elite.  However, I have only used it once to port a digitized photo from
an Amiga to Monochrome.  It didn't work well.  The "color" selection
made a terrible picture.

Cheers! -- Jim O.
--
Jim Omura, 2A King George's Drive, Toronto, (416) 652-3880
ihnp4!utzoo!lsuc!jimomura

peter@sugar.UUCP (Peter DaSilva) (07/13/87)

Preferably from someone in the houston area:

	uw host program for system V.2.
	the latest version of the "patch" diffs processor.
	a host-side CI$-b protocol file transfer program.
	a host-side xmodem program that doesn't assume you have xmodem-CRC.

Send mail if you have them. I'll reply to the closest so as to cut down
net hassles.
--
-- Peter da Silva `-_-' ...!seismo!soma!uhnix1!sugar!peter (I said, NO PHOTOS!)

stephen@datacube.UUCP (09/10/87)

Could some kind soul give me the sources to <big expensive software
package>? I'm too cheap to buy it and too stupid/lazy to write it.

P.S.	You pay the phone bill.

Stephen Watkins                    UUCP: ihnp4!datacube!stephen
Datacube Inc.; 4 Dearborn Rd.; Peabody, Ma. 01960; 617-535-6644

trudel@topaz.rutgers.edu (Jonathan D.) (09/16/87)

In article <104600009@datacube> stephen@datacube.UUCP writes:

> Could some kind soul give me the sources to <big expensive software
> package>? I'm too cheap to buy it and too stupid/lazy to write it.

> Stephen Watkins

I'd be interested, if such a beastie exists.

						Jon
--
Hm-m-m-mm?  I thought this place was for Brontosaurusses only!?!!?!!