[comp.sources.wanted] source for sysV version of bsd directory routines wanted

john@bby-bc.UUCP (john) (09/16/87)

I would like to get of a copy of the directory routines (include
files etc.) for sysV that give the same functionality as routines
bsd is distributed with.  These were apparently contributed to
the now defunct mod.sources.  All I know is they have an include
file "sys/ndir.h" .

Was all this stuff moved over to comp.sources.unix? Is there
uucp (direct or mail) access to a comp.sources archive?
I have a program I would really like to use which requires
these routines so I would appreciate any help in getting a
copy.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can proffer help, info, or
the source itself.

john

.....{watmath,ihnp4,uw-beaver}!ubc-vision!{fornax,sfucmpt}!bby-bc!john

john@bby-bc.UUCP (john) (09/16/87)

In article <155@bby-bc.UUCP>, john@bby-bc.UUCP (john) writes:
> I would like to get of a copy of the directory routines (include
> files etc.) for sysV that give the same functionality as routines
> bsd is distributed with.  These were apparently contributed to
.
.

Someone has now sent me the routines. Thanks all.

john

.

In article <155@bby-bc.UUCP> john@bby-bc.UUCP (john) writes:
>I would like to get of a copy of the directory routines (include
>files etc.) for sysV that give the same functionality as routines
>bsd is distributed with.

I can provide an implementation of the POSIX and SVR3-compatible
directory access routines, headers, manual, etc.  However, that
interface differs slightly from the version shipped with 4.[123]BSD.
	Gwyn@BRL.MIL

john@bby-bc.UUCP (john) (09/22/87)

> >I would like to get of a copy of the directory routines (include
> >files etc.) for sysV that give the same functionality as routines
> >bsd is distributed with.
>
> I can provide an implementation of the POSIX and SVR3-compatible
> directory access routines, headers, manual, etc.  However, that
> interface differs slightly from the version shipped with 4.[123]BSD.

Someone has now sent me the desired routines.
Thanks to all those who replied.

john

....{watmath,ihnp4,uw-beaver}!ubc-vision!fornax!bby-bc!john