[comp.sources.wanted] Looking for a LaserJet driver for Ditroff

cds@atelabs.UUCP (09/22/87)

I think the subject says it all.  I'm looking for a package that will
let ditroff drive an HP Laserjet+.  Public domain is prefered, but the
company is (amazingly) willing to spend a small amount of money to get
this to work.  Will anyone who is aware of such a package please contact
me?

Thank you.

--
Dave Shanks                     ..!tektronix!tessi!atelabs!cds
AT&E Laboratories               cds@atelabs.UUCP

tim@ora.UUCP (Tim O'Reilly) (09/25/87)

In article <256@atelabs.UUCP>, cds@atelabs.UUCP (David Shanks) writes:
> I think the subject says it all.  I'm looking for a package that will
> let ditroff drive an HP Laserjet+.

Try TextWare International's tplus.  They are in Cambridge,
MA at (617) UNI-TEXT

--
Tim O'Reilly (617) 527-4210
O'Reilly & Associates, Inc., Publishers of Nutshell Handbooks

Isaac_K_Rabinovitch@cup.portal.com (09/25/87)

A friend of mine drives an HP Laserjet with ditroff software from Elan
Software in Los Gatos, California.  (I'm afraid that's all the address I
have.)  She was very impressed with the ease of installation and the
completeness of the product.

dab@whuts.UUCP (Batman) (09/28/87)

In article <759@cup.portal.com>, Isaac_K_Rabinovitch@cup.portal.com writes:
> A friend of mine drives an HP Laserjet with ditroff software from Elan
> Software in Los Gatos, California.  (I'm afraid that's all the address I
> have.)  She was very impressed with the ease of installation and the
> completeness of the product.

Yes!  It is called EROFF.  It is just like using Troff. You can do
pic, eqn,tbl, mm, mv,grap, and it can even read and use Bit-mapped
raster images!

It is quite good and quite complete.  I use it with a PC and a HP LaserJet
Series II and have had no problem with it yet.

I think EROFF can come either as a ditroff or a ditroff/LaserJet package.

Contact:  ELAN Computer Group
          410 Cambridge Ave
          Suite A
          Palo Alto, CA  94306
          (415) 322-2450

--
                 	Cogito Ergo Zoom
			Chaste makes waste

kg@elan.UUCP (Ken Greer) (09/28/87)

in article <759@cup.portal.com>, Isaac_K_Rabinovitch@cup.portal.com says:

> A friend of mine drives an HP Laserjet with ditroff software from Elan
> Software in Los Gatos, California. She was very impressed with the ease
> of installation and the completeness of the product.

Company name and city close, product right.  Formally of *Los Altos*, we've
moved to larger quarters in Palo Alto...

        Elan Computer Group, Inc.
        410 Cambridge Ave, Suite A
        Palo Alto, CA 94306
        415-322-2450

purveyers of high quality ditroff laser printer support for HP LaserJet,
PostScript, and Impress printers.

carvalho@garnet.berkeley.edu (,,,,MF72) (09/28/87)

Is AT&T ever going to include support for popular laser printers in the
Documenters Work Bench?  The current version of DWB is useless for most
users. It includes support for the APS typestters and for an oudated
Imagen Laser.
Anyone planning to have troff on their  machines ends up spending quite
a bit with 3rd party products that replace DWB in its entirety.

ralph@ralmar.UUCP (Ralph Barker) (09/29/87)

In article <759@cup.portal.com>, Isaac_K_Rabinovitch@cup.portal.com writes:
> A friend of mine drives an HP Laserjet with ditroff software from Elan
> Software in Los Gatos, California.  (I'm afraid that's all the address I
> have.)  She was very impressed with the ease of installation and the
> completeness of the product.

Elan Computer Group Inc started in Los ALTOS, but have moved to:
	410 Cambridge Ave, Suite A
	Palo Alto, CA  94306
	(415) 322-2450

Eroff(tm) is a full implementation of AT&T's Documenter's Workbench,
Release 2.0, which is substantially faster than earlier versions.
Eroff also includes a number of Elan enhancements.  We were
sufficiently impressed with the package to become an authorized dealer,
providing an additional layer of user support AND TRAINING, as well.
--
Ralph Barker, RALMAR Business Systems, 640 So Winchester Blvd, San Jose,CA 95128
uucp: ...{pyramid, sun}!amdahl!unixprt----\ !ralmar!ralph