[comp.sources.wanted] kermit source for 3b

matt@inuxf.UUCP (Matt Verner) (10/09/87)

Does anyone out there have source (or binaries) for kermit on the
AT&T 3b2/400 computer?  If you could mail them to me at:

...!ihnp4!inuxc!matt

I would appreciate it!

 Matt Verner   				UUCP:  ...ihnp4!inuxc!matt
 AT&T Graphics Software Labs		AT&T:  (317) 844-4364
 Indianapolis,  IN

           "The whole point of this sentence is to clearly
             explain the point this sentence is making."

garrett@udel.EDU (Joel Garrett) (10/12/87)

I'd be interested in info on where to get kermit for the 3b2-series computers,
especially the 310 and 400.

					Thanks in advance,
					    Joel Garrett
					    arpa: garrett@udel.edu

rwhite@nusdhub.UUCP (Robert C. White Jr.) (10/15/87)

In article <581@louie.udel.EDU>, garrett@udel.EDU (Joel Garrett) writes:

> I'd be interested in info on where to get kermit for the 3b2-series computers,
> especially the 310 and 400.

This is a simple "me too"
I have a 3B2/600 though

Rob.

emigh@ncsugn.ncsu.edu (Ted H. Emigh) (10/16/87)

kermit appeared on unix-pc.sources not too long ago.  Check some local
sites for a copy.
--
Ted H. Emigh, Dept. Genetics and Statistics, NCSU, Raleigh, NC
uucp:	mcnc!ncsuvx!ncsugn!emigh	internet:  emigh%ncsugn.ncsu.edu

larry@jc3b21.UUCP (Lawrence F. Strickland) (10/20/87)

In article <131@nusdhub.UUCP>, rwhite@nusdhub.UUCP (Robert C. White Jr.) writes:
> In article <581@louie.udel.EDU>, garrett@udel.EDU (Joel Garrett) writes:
>
> > I'd be interested in info on where to get
> > kermit for the 3b2-series computers,
> > especially the 310 and 400.
>
> This is a simple "me too"
> I have a 3B2/600 though
>
> Rob.

I tried to mail this to the original poster, but my mailer was somewhat
mangled and it did not get through.  Anyway, I have the sources (and binary)
for a kermit that will run on a 3b2/3b5 of (I assume) any variety.

The bad news is that the version I have is kermit 4D(061), not the new kermit
4E(067?) that has the larger packet sizes.  So far I have not found anyone
with the newer version, though it is mentioned quite often in the
protocol.kermit group.

Altogether, the source (compressed) is around 1.5 Meg.  It fits conveniently
on two 800K diskettes, the 3b2 standard, and can be read by those with SCO
XENIX as well (/dev/rfd096ds9).  It runs on the 80[23]86 running SCO XENIX
as well.

Obviously, it is too big to post!  However, if you want the binary, I could
uuencode it.  Sources, call or write!

-larry

--
+--------------------------------------+-- St. Petersburg Junior College --+
|        Lawrence F. Strickland        |   P.O. Box 13489                  |