[comp.sources.wanted] /lib files NEEDED

lmurray@wdl1.UUCP (10/28/87)

Cross posted to comp.sources.unix
Subject: /lib files NEEDED

	I was able to get Conquest from comp.sources.games, but when I
tried to 'make' it I ran into some problems. I looked at the Makefile and
was able to find only one problem (?). I did not have several of the files
that were referenced in /lib. I presumed these files are used as part of
the 'shared' aspect of Conquest (similar to Empire). The files were:
	/lib/crt0s.o
	/lib/shlib.ifile

	I hope somebody out there can either send me these files, or point
me in the correct direction. I thank all who answer in advance.

	-lance e. murray- "The man without an empire, yet"

/* Usual disclaimer goes here.	lmurray@ford-wdl1		*/
/*		{sun, hplabs, ucbvax}!wdl1.UUCP!lmurray		*/

BTW: Please respond via Email. This may not be of interest to others.

david@ms.uky.edu (David Herron -- Resident E-mail Hack) (10/29/87)

In article <4360003@wdl1.UUCP> lmurray@wdl1.UUCP (Lance Murray) writes:
>	Help! I was able to get Conquest from comp.sources.games, but when
>I tried to 'make' the system, I got errors.

>	/lib/crt0s.o and /lib/shlib.ifile
>
>	I assume (hopefully correctly) that these files were important
>to the 'shared' aspect of the games (similar to Empire). Since I don't
>have these files, anyone willing to Email me a copy, or a lead on
>where to 'appropriate' them would be held in highest esteam.

er..

These files are only for the unix on Unix PC's and implement the
shared C library.  (Shared libraries are also on SysVr3, but some
of the details are different).

If you don't have them, then don't worry about it.  Especially since
the Makefile as distributed doesn't actually USE those files.

Interestingly, if I re-work the Makefile so that it will use the
shared libraries, the code doesn't compile because of missing symbols.
But then it's already known that the shared stuff is strange,
especially for programs needing curses kind of things.
--
<---- David Herron,  Local E-Mail Hack,  david@ms.uky.edu, david@ms.uky.csnet
<----                    {rutgers,uunet,cbosgd}!ukma!david, david@UKMA.BITNET