[comp.sources.wanted] sources from "The AWK Programming Language"

jlevy@teknowledge-vaxc.ARPA (sleeze hack) (11/28/87)

Has anyone typed in the AWK programs found in "The AWK Programming
Language" by Aho & co. ?  If so, please send them to me.  Thanks.

I'm playing with an AWK interpreter, and need test programs.  So if
there are any test suites for the "new" AWK, or non trivial AWK programs,
I'd be interested in them, also.

Josh

Name:         Joshua Levy  (415) 424-0500x357
Disclaimer:   Teknowledge can plausibly deny everything.
Pithy Quote:  "Do not feed the lawyers raw meat." --Bloom County
		jlevy@teknowledge-vaxc.arpa
		{uunet|sun|ucbvax|decwrl}!jlevy%teknowledge-vaxc.arpa

jbm@uncle.UUCP (John B. Milton) (12/03/87)

In article <19178@teknowledge-vaxc.ARPA> jlevy@teknowledge-vaxc.ARPA (sleeze hack) writes:
>Has anyone typed in the AWK programs found in "The AWK Programming
>Language" by Aho & co. ?  If so, please send them to me.  Thanks.
>
>I'm playing with an AWK interpreter, and need test programs.  So if
>there are any test suites for the "new" AWK, or non trivial AWK programs,
>I'd be interested in them, also.

Me too. At my new job we are converting a set of over 600 COBOL programs from
a Honeywell to UNIX using awk.
--
John Bly Milton IV, jbm@uncle.UUCP, {ihnp4|cbosgd}!n8emr!uncle!jbm
home: (614) 294-4823, work: (614) 424-7677, FLAME via email :)

rupley@arizona.UUCP (12/05/87)

In article <199@uncle.UUCP>, jbm@uncle.UUCP (John B. Milton) writes:
>In article <19178@teknowledge-vaxc.ARPA> jlevy@teknowledge-vaxc.ARPA (sleeze hack) writes:
>>Has anyone typed in the AWK programs found in "The AWK Programming
>>Language" by Aho & co. ?  If so, please send them to me.  Thanks.
>>
>>I'm playing with an AWK interpreter, and need test programs.  So if
>>there are any test suites for the "new" AWK, or non trivial AWK programs,
>>I'd be interested in them, also.
>>
>Me too. At my new job we are converting a set of over 600 COBOL programs from
>a Honeywell to UNIX using awk.
>--
>John Bly Milton IV, jbm@uncle.UUCP, {ihnp4|cbosgd}!n8emr!uncle!jbm

There is a comprehensive test suite supplied by AT&T Toolchest as part
of the source code of the new awk distribution, which is what is
described in the recent (198[78]) book by "Aho & co."  The source
code is clearly copyright.  I am not sure about the test suite.  But
test suite and source code are not that expensive (ca $300).  Perhaps
your institution already has a copy.

Hope this helps,

John Rupley
    uucp: ..{ihnp4 | hao!noao}!arizona!rupley!local
    internet: rupley!local@megaron.arizona.edu
    telex: 9103508679(JARJAR)
    (H) 30 Calle Belleza, Tucson AZ  85716 - (602) 325-4533
    (O) Dept. Biochemistry, Univ. Arizona, Tucson AZ 85721 - (602) 621-3929