[comp.sources.wanted] vt240 emulation

crm@duke.cs.duke.edu (Charlie Martin) (12/08/87)

Does anyone know of a vt240 emulation program for Suns, either
for X Windows or SunTools?

We're desperate enough we'd even consider paying for it.

Thanks,

--
Charlie Martin (crm@cs.duke.edu,mcnc!duke!crm)

mmb@lznh.UUCP (<10000>Maurice Burns) (12/13/87)

In article <10769@duke.cs.duke.edu>, crm@duke.cs.duke.edu (Charlie Martin) writes:
> Does anyone know of a vt240 emulation program for Suns, either
> for X Windows or SunTools?
> We're desperate enough we'd even consider paying for it.

Does anyone know of a VT240 emulator for IBM PC type machines?
We have a similar willingness to pay.

jtn3@bsu-cs.UUCP (Jim Nelson) (12/14/87)

 writes:
> Does anyone know of a vt240 emulation program for Suns, either
> for X Windows or SunTools?

Yeah, and how 'bout for the IBM PC with EGA/CGA, too?

> We're desperate enough we'd even consider paying for it.
					    ^^^^
						Well?  Ok, maybe if I can't
get it any other way.
> Thanks,
  ^^^^^^
	Ditto

> Charlie Martin (crm@cs.duke.edu,mcnc!duke!crm)

Jim Nelson		UUCP:  <backbones>!{iuvax,pur-ee,uunet}!bsu-cs!jtn3

mjg@ecsvax.UUCP (Michael Gingell) (12/14/87)

In article <1689@bsu-cs.UUCP>, jtn3@bsu-cs.UUCP (Jim Nelson) writes:

> Yeah, and how 'bout for the IBM PC with EGA/CGA, too?

Persoft makes Smarterm 240, emulates a VT240 or 241  $345
Polygon makes Polycom 240 , emulates a VT240 or 241  $299

Both require an EGA for full color emulation. Both companies have
a demo disk available. I am in the process of getting both demos
to see which would be best for use in viewing the output of LASAR
logic simulations.  If anyone has used either of these programs
and has any comments I would appreciate hearing from them.

By the way, a VT240 has a dot resolution of 800 by 240, a regular
EGA is 640 by 350 and from a discussion with the folks at Persoft,
Smarterm only shows about 7/8ths of the screen at once. You have
to scroll horizontally to see the rest.

Mike Gingell    ...decvax!mcnc!ecsvax!mjg