[comp.sources.wanted] Need ARC sources

ron@iconsys.UUCP (Ron Holt) (12/15/87)

I'm looking for sources to the Unix version of ARC (file archiver).
I would also be interested in the source to an Atari ST version.

Thanks,
--
Ron Holt		    {ihnp4,uunet}!iconsys!ron
Icon International, Inc.    {ihnp4,psivax}!nrcvax!nrc-ut!iconsys!ron

hyc@starbarlounge.cc.umich.edu (Howard Chu) (12/23/87)

In article <184@iconsys.UUCP> ron@iconsys.UUCP (Ron Holt) writes:

>I'm looking for sources to the Unix version of ARC (file archiver).
>I would also be interested in the source to an Atari ST version.

I've just finished porting ARC 5.20 to our Apollos with their DOMAIN/IX
system (supposed to be BSD 4.2 compatible...). I had it working on BSD 4.3
already. I don't know if it'll run on Sys V Unix... I've also been
porting this to my Atari ST, but with only partial success. It works
well enough, unless more than 16 filenames appear in the argument list.
If that happens, something strange starts happening with the memory
allocation and it dies... (Using Mark Williams C 2.01 on the Atari...)
Anyway, the BSD code is known to work reliably. Send me mail if you're
interested.

  /        University of Michigan
 /_ , ,_.     Computing Center
/ /(_/(__       Unix Project