[comp.sources.wanted] want: dvi -> epson code changer

jl42+@andrew.cmu.edu (Jay Mathew Libove) (01/17/88)

I run SCO Xenix SysV/286 2.2.1 and have the Text Processing system, which
means troff, nroff, eqn, tbl, etc... all of which ultimately go through
troff and generate dvi codes. Unfortunately, Epson line printers (I have
an FX-100 plus) do not understand dvi. Nroff output *almost* works...
but not quite well enough.

What I would like is the source code to a "dvi -> standard lpt" or better
yet "dvi -> you.define.it" translator. I'd settle for a complete list of
dvi codes, so I could write it myself, if nothing prewritten already
exists.

Any help/information would be appreciated!

Jay Libove
Arpa:   Jay.Libove@andrew.cmu.edu	Bitnet: Jay.Libove@drycas.bitnet
UUCP:   ...!{uunet, ucbvax, harvard}!andrew.cmu.edu!Jay.Libove
UUCP:   ...!{pitt | bellcore} !darth!libove!libove

john@viper.Lynx.MN.Org (John Stanley) (01/22/88)

In article <QVvtFOy00WAH4RQ0AC@andrew.cmu.edu>
jl42+@andrew.cmu.edu (Jay Mathew Libove) writes:

 >What I would like is the source code to a "dvi -> standard lpt" or better
 >yet "dvi -> you.define.it" translator. I'd settle for a complete list of
 >dvi codes, so I could write it myself, if nothing prewritten already
 >exists.

  I have a different machine than Jay, but the exact same problem.  If
anyone has information/source/docs that could be used in a DVI to some
other format conversion, please respond.

 >Any help/information would be appreciated!

   Ditto....

---
John Stanley (john@viper.UUCP)
Software Consultant - DynaSoft Systems
UUCP: ...{amdahl,ihnp4,rutgers}!meccts!viper!john