[comp.sources.wanted] ditroff to postscript

njh@root.co.uk (Nigel Horne) (07/07/87)

Some time ago there was discussion on the net about a ditroff
output to postscript converter, so I could say something like
`pic -D | ditroff -mm | dit_to_post | lp -dlaser`.

Any help appreciated.

-Nigel
Nigel Horne, Divisional Director, Root Technical Systems.
<njh@root.co.uk>	G1ITH	Fax:	(01) 726 8158
Phone:	+44 1 606 7799 Telex:	885995 ROOT G	BT Gold: CQQ173

tim@ora.UUCP (Tim O'Reilly) (07/14/87)

In article <366@root44.co.uk>, njh@root.co.uk (Nigel Horne) writes:
> Some time ago there was discussion on the net about a ditroff
> output to postscript converter, so I could say something like
> `pic -D | ditroff -mm | dit_to_post | lp -dlaser`.

We use devps from Pipeline Associates, and have liked it
very much.  It's sold in source form and distributed via
uucp, and is somewhat cheaper than TranScript, the official converter
from Adobe.

You can get information from:

Pipeline Associates, Inc.
39 E. 12th Street
New York, NY 10003
(212) 598-4650

or bellcore!phw5!pat
--
LIVE:	Tim O'Reilly (617) 527-4210
USPS:	O'Reilly & Associates, Inc., 981 Chestnut Street, Newton, MA 02164

midden@umn-cs.cs.umn.edu (Marshall M. Midden) (01/23/88)

The file /usr/lib/font/devpsc/DESC.out, that the Adobe product wants.

Does anyone have a binary, or the source (.../driver/src/pscfont.desc/* ) that
I could get a hold of (or a place to contact)?

We have the Adobe Transcript package running fine for normal stuff, but would
like to be able to run ditroff output thru it.

The 1984 4.2BSD berkeley distribution of ditroff (etc) is what has been put up.

Marshall M. Midden			m4@ux.acss.umn.edu
University of Minnesota			m4@umnacux.bitnet
Academic Computing Services and Systems
2520 Broadway Drive			(612)-625-1335