[comp.sources.wanted] Fidonet software for unix wanted

andy@rbdc.UUCP (Andy Pitts) (02/03/88)

I have a friend who has a fidonet node.  He just got an A*&* PC7300
and wants to feed fidonet from the Unix system.  Does anyone know
of any fidonet software that has been ported to Unix?

Thanks in advance.
Andy Pitts     {wrcola, bakerst, gladys}!rbdc!andy

blodtoad@cisunx.UUCP (Michael Anthony Kapolka) (02/04/88)

In article <200@rbdc.UUCP> andy@rbdc.UUCP (Andy Pitts) writes:
>I have a friend who has a fidonet node.  He just got an A*&* PC7300
>and wants to feed fidonet from the Unix system.  Does anyone know
>of any fidonet software that has been ported to Unix?
>
>Thanks in advance.
>Andy Pitts     {wrcola, bakerst, gladys}!rbdc!andy

I also have a Unix PC and have an interest in attaching to Fidonet.  I am still
getting my system set up, however, and figured I'd better get a UUCP feed going
first!

Porting a Fidonet type mailer shouldn't be too hard, but I would also rather
not reinvent the wheel. Perhaps this friend of your could get in touch with me
and we could share ideas.

Anthony Kapolka

CSNET  blodtoad@vax.cs.pittsburgh.edu
UUCP   ...{alegra, cadre}!pitt!blodtoad