[comp.sources.wanted] SNOBOL4 Interpreter

F3U@PSUVM.BITNET (02/22/88)

Is there a public domain SNOBOL4 interpreter floating around
in net.land?  We are writing SNOBOL programs in one of my classes
(why, I still don't know), and would much rather do the work at home
on my PC.

                                  Thanks in advance
                                          Frank

*  Frank Uzzolino                       Penn State University        *
*  f3u@psuvm                            7 Hamilton Hall              *
*  frank@psuvaxg                        University Park, PA  16802   *

srk@actnyc.UUCP (Shalom Krischer) (02/23/88)

In article <34196F3U@PSUVM> F3U@PSUVM.BITNET writes:
>Is there a public domain SNOBOL4 interpreter floating around
>in net.land?  We are writing SNOBOL programs in one of my classes
>(why, I still don't know), and would much rather do the work at home
>on my PC.
>
>                                  Thanks in advance
>                                          Frank

Please, if this exists, post it for the rest of us too!!!

emv@starbarlounge.cc.umich.edu (Edward Vielmetti) (02/24/88)

In article <706@actnyc.UUCP> srk@actnyc.UUCP (Shalom Krischer) writes:
>In article <34196F3U@PSUVM> F3U@PSUVM.BITNET writes:
>>Is there a public domain SNOBOL4 interpreter floating around
>>in net.land?  We are writing SNOBOL programs in one of my classes
>>(why, I still don't know), and would much rather do the work at home
>>on my PC.
>>
>>                                  Thanks in advance
>>                                          Frank
>>

>Please, if this exists, post it for the rest of us too!!!

Look on simtel20 in pd1:<msdos.snobol4>vsnobol4.*    (vanilla Snobol)
		    pd1:<msdos.snobol4>aisnobol.*    ('ai' programs )

vanilla Snobol is from Catspaw, who sell Snobol and decided to give
away a version too.

You can also pick up some of this stuff from bluefront.cc.umich.edu
(35.1.33.200) in the \public\lang directory.  I hope to put more
language stuff here, you know, but I haven't got around to it yet.

BITNET folks I think can retrieve this stuff from an overcrowded
simtel20 server at RPI somewhere - glad I don't have to deal with it.

--Ed

Edward Vielmetti, U of Michigan mail group.

gsarff@argus.UUCP (gary sarff) (02/24/88)

There is a pd snobol4 interpreter available from the CATSPAW BBS, and maybe
others, call it at 303-539,4830, it is called VANILLA snobol.  They also
sell a full snobol (I think vanilla doesn't do floats or something) for
49.95 and a macro spitbol too.  Spitbol is compiled and fast, snobol is
interpreted and slower.  I know cause I am porting SPITBOL68K to the amiga.
  Gary

--
Gary Sarff           {uunet|ihnp4|philabs}!spies!argus!gsarff
To program is human, to debug is something best left to the gods.

andrey@arizona.edu (Andrey K. Yeatts) (02/26/88)

In article <706@actnyc.UUCP>, srk@actnyc.UUCP (Shalom Krischer) writes:
> In article <34196F3U@PSUVM> F3U@PSUVM.BITNET writes:
> >Is there a public domain SNOBOL4 interpreter floating around
> >in net.land?  We are writing SNOBOL programs in one of my classes
> >(why, I still don't know), and would much rather do the work at home
> >on my PC.
>
> Please, if this exists, post it for the rest of us too!!!

This is a PC version, BTW.

				Andrey Yeatts
				andrey@arizona.edu
				{allegra,cmcl2,ihnp4,noao}!arizona!andrey