[comp.sources.wanted] bug in NNTP/inews makefile

sow@cad.luth.se (Sven-Ove Westberg) (03/21/88)

In article <8507@tut.cis.ohio-state.edu> karl@triceratops.cis.ohio-state.edu (Karl Kleinpaste) writes:

>We've been using 1.5 for about 2 weeks.  It seems very stable and
>reliable.

Where can I get nntp 1.5. I haven't seen it in the sources newsgroups.
We don't have ftp access. Will it be posted to the news groups??
And how long time will the moderator take to post it?? 1, 2 month or
perhaps 1/2 year!!

Sven-Ove Westberg, CAD, University of Lulea, S-951 87 Lulea, Sweden.
Tel:     +46-920-91677  (work)                 +46-920-48390  (home)
UUCP:    {uunet,mcvax}!enea!cad.luth.se!sow
ARPA:    sow%cad.luth.se@ucbvax.berkeley.edu
Internet: sow@cad.luth.se

karl@triceratops.cis.ohio-state.edu (Karl Kleinpaste) (03/21/88)

sow@cad.luth.se writes:
   Where can I get nntp 1.5. I haven't seen it in the sources newsgroups.
   We don't have ftp access. Will it be posted to the news groups??
   And how long time will the moderator take to post it?? 1, 2 month or
   perhaps 1/2 year!!

Being on the ARPANet, we got it via FTP.  We also make it available
via UUCP (1200/2400bps) to anyone who cares to make long distance
phone calls to Columbus, OH, USA; but I imagine that doing so from
Sweden would be prohibitive in terms of cost.

Then again, one fellow from the Netherlands called to pick up GNU
Emacs 18.49 a couple of months ago...10 hours at 1200bps on a
transatlantic phone call.  It's his money, I suppose...

BTW, it's distributed as a 200Kb compressed tar file.  Posting it to
comp.sources.unix in its non-compressed form might be tough, too.

rsalz@bbn.com (Rich Salz) (03/21/88)

>>   Where can I get nntp 1.5. I haven't seen it in the sources newsgroups.
>BTW, it's distributed as a 200Kb compressed tar file.  Posting it to
>comp.sources.unix in its non-compressed form might be tough, too.

NNTP will be published in comp.sources.unix.  I can't give you the exact
date right now, as I don't conveniently have the sizes of the couple of
things that will be going out before it.
	/r$, moderator thereof
--
Please send comp.sources.unix-related mail to rsalz@uunet.uu.net.