[comp.sources.wanted] ARPA rfc 791, 793

@lsuc.uucp () (04/19/88)

     This is probably being posted in the wrong area, but it's
the best I can figure out.  Does anybody have copies of ARPA
Request for Comments Nos. 791 and 793?  I'm not sure exactly
what they cover, but I believe they are telecom related and
most likely transfer protocols or data packaging formats for
mail systems.

Cheers! -- Jim O.
--
Jim Omura, 2A King George's Drive, Toronto, (416) 652-3880
ihnp4!utzoo!lsuc!jimomura

bob@allosaur.cis.ohio-state.edu (Bob Sutterfield) (04/21/88)

In article <1988Apr19.105441.4785@lsuc.uucp> jimomura@lsuc.UUCP (Jim Omura) writes:
>Does anybody have copies of ARPA Request for Comments Nos. 791 and
>793?

You can get them via anonymous UUCP from osu-cis.  Write me if you'd
like instructions.

>I'm not sure exactly what they cover, but I believe they are telecom
>related and most likely transfer protocols or data packaging formats
>for mail systems.

RFC791 describes the Internet Protocol, known to its friends as IP.
RFC793 covers the Transmission Control Protocol, affectionately known
as TCP.  TCP and IP are some of the foundations of the DoD Internet
protocol suite, above which other protocols are implemented, including
SMTP for mail transfer.
-=-
 Bob Sutterfield, Department of Computer and Information Science
 The Ohio State University; 2036 Neil Ave. Columbus OH USA 43210-1277
 bob@cis.ohio-state.edu or ...!att!osu-cis!bob