[comp.sources.wanted] sed for MS-DOS

jfs@metavax.UUCP (Jim Salois) (04/22/88)

Something I would find very useful is a decent implementation of sed
for an AT under MS-DOS. If anyone can direct me to such, I would be
eternally (or at least for a few days) greatful.

Thanks.
		-j. salois

wnp@killer.UUCP (Wolf Paul) (04/27/88)

In article <3219@metavax.UUCP> jfs@metavax.UUCP (Jim Salois) writes:
>Something I would find very useful is a decent implementation of sed
>for an AT under MS-DOS. If anyone can direct me to such, I would be
>eternally (or at least for a few days) greatful.

My first recommendation would be to get the MKS Toolkit which has
a fully UNIX-compatible SED. Cost is ca. $110 (v. 2.2) / $140 (v. 2.3)
at the mailorder discounters (i.e. Programmer's Connection, etc.) or
$139 (v. 2.2) / $159 (v. 2.3) directly from MKS. (Discounters may
not yet have version 2.3)

For those of you who have not yet seen the Toolkit or heard more about
it, it is a set of nearly 100 UNIX System V compatible utilities for
MS-DOS, including VI, AWK, and a ksh-compatible shell. Version 2.3
adds spell(1), yacc(1), diff3(1), and others.

MKS can be reached as ihnp4!watmath!mks!toolkit, or at (519) 884-2251.

Secondly, I think I saw a MS-DOS implementation of GNU SED a while
back, but am not sure where. Does anybody have that, and could it
be posted to comp.binaries.ibm.pc?
UUCP:  ihnp4!killer!dcs!wnp                    ESL: 62832882
INTERNET: wnp@EESDES.DAS.NET or wnp@dcs.UUCP   TLX: 910-280-0585 EES PLANO UD
                One Austrian's Opinion:  Waldheim must go!