[comp.sources.wanted] Z80 C compiler

ggb@charlie.OZ (Garry Black) (04/26/88)

********    WANTED.....semi urgently    *********

Would anybody know about (or have) a C compiler for a Z80?

A cross compiler for an IBM would be most suitable.

Thanks in advance....
			Garry Black
			ggb@charlie.oz

paz@mimir.dmt.oz (Paul Zemancheff) (04/28/88)

In article <6712@charlie.OZ>, ggb@charlie.OZ (Garry Black) writes:

> ********    WANTED.....semi urgently    *********
>
> Would anybody know about (or have) a C compiler for a Z80?
>
> A cross compiler for an IBM would be most suitable.
>
> Thanks in advance....
> 			Garry Black
> 			ggb@charlie.oz

	There are a number of C compilers available for Z80 systems. From the
commercial side, the two I can remember are the BDS C compiler & and the Mix C
compiler. On the public domain side there is the Ron Cain Small C compiler and
its updated version by Van Zant.

					.....paul

Paul Zemancheff		      PHONE: +61 3 487 9271
CSIRO Division of	      ACSNET or CSNET: paz@mimir.dmt.oz
Manufacturing Technology,     ARPA: paz%mimir.dmt.oz@uunet.uu.net
Melbourne, Australia.	      UUCP: {uunet,ukc,mcvax}!munnari!mimir.dmt.oz!paz

Unknown@stcns3.stc.oz (Dave Horsfall) (04/29/88)

In article <1127@mimir.dmt.oz> paz@mimir.dmt.oz (Paul Zemancheff) writes:
>In article <6712@charlie.OZ>, ggb@charlie.OZ (Garry Black) writes:
>> ********    WANTED.....semi urgently    *********
>> Would anybody know about (or have) a C compiler for a Z80?
>> A cross compiler for an IBM would be most suitable.
>
>	There are a number of C compilers available for Z80 systems. From the
>commercial side, the two I can remember are the BDS C compiler & and the Mix C
>compiler. On the public domain side there is the Ron Cain Small C compiler and
>its updated version by Van Zant.

Check out the Hi Tech C Compiler, from some place in Brisbane.  Can't remember
the exact address, so mail me if you're interested.  It's simply brilliant,
it supports all sorts of things like function prototypes, structure assignment,
void, typecast etc etc.  About all is doesn't support is bit fields, and
they're a kludge anyway.

And it runs under CP/M, generating true Z-80 code!  My Microbee has never been
the same since... "date", "echo", "cat", "rm" etc etc.

It's also locally supported, which is a good thing, and cheap.  $250 will get
you the Z80 version.  I believe there is also a Messy-Dog version, and possibly
even a cross compiler.  Anyone else remember the address?

--
Dave Horsfall (VK2KFU), Alcatel-STC Australia, dave@stcns3.stc.oz
dave%stcns3.stc.OZ.AU@uunet.UU.NET, ...munnari!stcns3.stc.OZ.AU!dave

steve@cit5.oz (Steve Balogh) (04/29/88)

Other C compilers available for the cp/m z80 systems are:
	Hitech C
	Aztec  C

Both of these are/were commercially available, but I am not sure from where.

-		-		-		-		-
		(It's my opinion and not my employers)
Steve Balogh	VK3YMY			| steve@cit5.cit.oz (...oz.au)
Chisholm Institute of Technology	| steve%cit5.cit.oz@uunet.uu.net
PO Box 197, Caulfield East		|
Melbourne, AUSTRALIA. 3145		| {hplabs,mcvax,uunet,ukc}!munnari\
+61 3 573 2266 (Ans Machine)		|  !cit5.cit.oz!steve

rich@oxtrap.UUCP (K. Richard Magill) (05/04/88)

I've worked with most of these in prom (not cpm) environs as well as
the whitesmiths and two companies that are now out of business.

By far the best was the Vandata C compiler but they aren't in business
any more and I don't personally own a copy.