[net.music] June 1st, 1974

jimb@utcs.uucp (Jim Bailey) (10/08/85)

>In article <1057@hou2h.UUCP> hhs@hou2h.UUCP (H.SHARP) writes:
>>Nico also sang on the album "The Confessions of Dr. Dream"
>>by Kevin Ayers.  There is also an album out with Brian Eno,
>>Kevin Ayers, Nico and some others with a date as the album
>>title; something like June 4, 1974.
>
>The other principal is John Cale.  The "group" was billed as ACNE (Ayers,
>Cale, Nico, Eno); I believe the date you gave is correct.

	The correct title is June 1st, 1974. It was recorded at the Rainbow
Theatre in London, England.

The first side consists of:

1) Brian Eno: Baby's on Fire
2)   "    " : Driving Me Backwards (!?!)
Both from "Here Come the Warm Jets"
"Driving Me Backwards" seems like an unusual choice, but it is a great version,
and sets the mood for the rest of the side.

3) John Cale: Heartbreak Hotel
Arguably the best version ever recorded. Really slow and anguished. Music
to slit wrists by.

4) Nico: The End
As above. Don't play this one in the dark!!!
Yes it is the Doors tune.

Side two is all Kevin Ayers. I can't remember all the titles, or their
order, but it includes "Stranger in Blue Suede Shoes", "May I?",
"Shouting in a Bucket Blues" and others.

It may be next to impossible to find these days, but worth grabbing if you
ever see it.

Jim Bailey
UTCS
(416) 978-7373