[comp.sources.wanted] Need NCAR Graphics Package

sethf@athena.mit.edu.UUCP (05/13/88)

	I'm looking for the source to a public-domain Fortan 77 graphics
package developed at NCAR (National Center for Atomspheric research).
Any information or pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Send replies to:
================
Seth Finkelstein
sethf@athena.mit.edu
sethf%athena.mit.edu@mit-eddie.UUCP
mit-eddie!mit-athena!sethf

steve@dad.UUCP (Steve Cook) (05/14/88)

in article <5313@bloom-beacon.MIT.EDU>, sethf@athena.mit.edu (Seth Finkelstein) says:

> 	I'm looking for the source to a public-domain Fortan 77 graphics
> package developed at NCAR (National Center for Atomspheric research).

   I'd like it too... but we're probably talking a lot of code here.
   I have the 3d hidden line surface routine and it's massive all by
   itself.

--
 Oops, gotta change my name... the boss found me out!!
 {hplsla,uw-beaver}!tikal!dad!steve

trh@eagle.ukc.ac.uk (T.R.Hopkins) (05/17/88)

This is available from the Argonne National Laboratories. They have
a code centre - I can't find the address. I think they just charge
a handling fee.

For European readers you can get the package from the
NEA Data Bank, Bat. 45, 91191 Gif sur Yvette, Cedex France.

If anyone has a version that works on a SUN or VMS could they
let me know. The version I got was for a CDC and we couldn't
get the low level routines to work. Any help would be appreciated.

Tim

--
Tim Hopkins,                  { trh@ukc.ac.uk
Computing Laboratory,           trh%ukc@cs.ucl.ac.uk

cruff@ncar.ucar.edu (Craig Ruff) (05/18/88)

In article <4983@eagle.ukc.ac.uk> trh@ukc.ac.uk (T.R.Hopkins) writes:
>If anyone has a version that works on a SUN or VMS could they
>let me know. The version I got was for a CDC and we couldn't
>get the low level routines to work. Any help would be appreciated.

The NCAR Graphics package is being actively enhanced.  The VAX/VMS Version 2
is available from:

	Pat Waukau
	MMM Division
	NCAR
	P.O. Box 3000
	Boulder, CO 80307-3000

I have seen the Sun version running in house, it should be available about
now.  For the generic version (and the Unix version), contact:

	NCAR Graphics Distribution
	Scientific Computing Division
	P.O. Box 3000
	Boulder, CO 80307-3000

I do not have details.  Please contact either of these places.  Do not call,
do not mail me about this.
--
Craig Ruff      NCAR                         INTERNET: cruff@ncar.UCAR.EDU
(303) 497-1211  P.O. Box 3000                   CSNET: cruff@ncar.CSNET