[comp.sources.wanted] BYTE Benchmark sources?

jejones@mcrware.UUCP (James Jones) (05/25/88)

Greetings.  Presuming that it is kosher to do so, could someone out there
post or mail the source to the benchmarks referred to in the June 1988 BYTE?
(I except those which consist of commercial applications, of course! :-)
The magazine contains only some of the code, and I would like to be sure
that I am running just what they run in cases other than that of the infamous
sieve.

(The sieve itself is pretty astonishing, and seems to indicate to me just how
bad the code generator for their Small C compilers must be--it takes 120
seconds on a CoCo 3, as opposed to their times of 298 seconds for an IBM
PC and 200 seconds for a Mac Plus.  I suppose that it could be argued that
it doesn't matter as long as the 808x and 68xxx compilers are "equally bad,"
but that in itself is an interesting question, and one I hope that people
explore.)

		James Jones

johns@hpwalt.hp.com (John Silva) (05/26/88)

In article <701@mcrware.UUCP> jejones@mcrware.UUCP (James Jones) writes:
>Greetings.  Presuming that it is kosher to do so, could someone out there
>post or mail the source to the benchmarks referred to in the June 1988 BYTE?

  These should be available via BYTE's [free - unlike BIX] bulliten board
  system in Lexington, MA at :

	(617)-861-9764

  I tried to get on this morning, but the line was busy ...