[comp.sources.wanted] Postscript -> Dot Matrix

joao@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu (06/02/88)

      I have an IBM-AT and some software that creates PostScript
files.  Unfortunately, I don't have a laser printer that accepts
postcript (it is too expensive) and instead I have an EPSON LQ-850.

      I'm looking for software that is able to print a postcript file
into my printer. Does anyone know about such package?

eo@wp3b01.UUCP (06/03/88)

In article <10900005@iuvax> joao@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu writes:

>      I have an IBM-AT and some software that creates PostScript
>files.  Unfortunately, I don't have a laser printer that accepts
>postcript (it is too expensive) and instead I have an EPSON LQ-850.
>
>      I'm looking for software that is able to print a postcript file
>into my printer. Does anyone know about such package?

I also would like to hear about such software.
--
Ed Oliveri,  ...!ihnp4!wp3b01!eo
"Fish are born in water, Man is born in Tao."

m87_mats@tdb.uu.se (Pi-onj{ren) (06/10/88)

About programs that can convert a PostSfcript file into a dot matrix output:

I've heard that the latest version of the wordprocessing program
Lotus Manuscript (version 2) will be able to read PostScript files when
included in the documents as /picture <filename/ statements. The program
supports all different kinds of printers, and I'm sure your printer is
available.

   You can take your PostScript-file, include it in an empty document with
\picture\, and print in on your matrix printer. The printing will probably
be in very high resolution, Lotus usually print the lines three times when
working with graphics.

   I know this may sound like a complicated way, but it would probably work
fine. (Of course, you have to purchase a copy of Lotus Manuscript version
2 first ...)

   Mats Bredell, student at Department of Scientific Computing,
                 Uppsala University, Sweden