[comp.sources.wanted] [In archives] Re: SOUNDEX routines wanted

webber@porthos.rutgers.edu (Bob Webber) (06/25/88)

In article <250@iconsys.UUCP>, ron@iconsys.UUCP (Ron Holt) writes:

> I am considering writing an interactive spell checker/corrector for
> Unix similar to that implemented in WordPerfect.  I would like to try
> using Soundex for the spell corrector portion.  Does any one know
> where I can get source code to any Soundex routines?

Sounds like you want the following from the archives.  Included below is
brief description plus author's address.  Enjoy.

----- BOB (webber@athos.rutgers.edu ; rutgers!athos.rutgers.edu!webber)

Article 696 of mod.sources:
Newsgroups: mod.sources
Subject: v08i076:  Soundex spelling-checker, Part01/02
Date: 20 Feb 87 20:56:16 GMT
Sender: rs@mirror.TMC.COM

Submitted by: Barry Brachman <brachman@cs.ubc.cdn>
Mod.sources: Volume 8, Issue 76
Archive-name: sp/Part01

Sp is a soundex-based dictionary search program that uses the
dbm routines.  Included are Makefiles, man pages, and an Mlisp interface.

Barry Brachman
Dept. of Computer Science
Univ. of British Columbia
Vancouver, B.C. V6T 1W5

.. {ihnp4!alberta, uw-beaver}!ubc-vision!ubc-cs!brachman
brachman@cs.ubc.cdn
brachman%ubc.csnet@csnet-relay.arpa
brachman@ubc.csnet