[comp.sources.wanted] Where do you suppose I could get egp or gated?

mrspock@hubcap.UUCP (Steve Benz) (06/21/88)

We have a Gould 9005 connected to the Milnet (26.0.0.80 is our number)
and to a LAN connected to NSFnet.  We've been running well for a while,
except that we have no EGP, which means that we really don't get the
kind of connectivity we'd like through the Milnet side.

So we called Gould -- they said something like "eeh gee whut?"
I understand that some folks at Cornell have written something called
'gated' and I believe that's what we need, since it deals with both
RIP (for the LAN) and EGP (for the Milnet connection) in one program.

Does anybody out there know where or if we can lay hands on such a thing?

				- Steve Benz

parmelee@wayback.cs.cornell.edu (Larry Parmelee) (06/21/88)

In article <1977@hubcap.UUCP> mrspock@hubcap.UUCP (Steve Benz) writes:
> I understand that some folks at Cornell have written something called
> 'gated' [...] it deals with both RIP [...] and EGP [...] in one program.

Gated can be anonymous ftp'ed from devvax.tn.cornell.edu;  Look in
the pub/gated directory.  The current maintainer is Jeff Honig,
jch@devvax.tn.cornell.edu.

-Larry Parmelee

north@batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu (Michael J. North) (06/24/88)

You get "gated" via anonymous ftp to  devvax.tn.cornell.edu.

The latest version of it is about one month old.  Have at it........

Mike

--
	Michael J. North  "Guess who's heading for Urbana, IL next week?"
	Cornell Theory Center,  265 Olin Hall,  Ithaca, NY 14853-5201

jerryp@cmx.npac.syr.edu (Jerry Peek) (07/14/88)

Mark Fedor of NYSERNet gave a paper on "gated" at the summer USENIX.
There's a copy in the Proceedings.