[comp.sources.wanted] Looking for MPW C source for SCSI utility

hobbs@bnrmtv.UUCP (Greg Hobbs) (07/13/88)

I am in the process of writing  a  small  application  that  will
allow  the  user  to  read/write  data from/to SCSI attached hard
disks.  This is not a driver but simply a read/write x number  of
records at  location  y  program  using  the  SCSI manager.  I am
looking for some example code from  a  program  that  performs  a
similar  function.   I have already looked at the example program
that comes with LSC, ScuzzBed, but would like  to  see  something
written in MPW C.

Your help would be appreciated.

--
Gregory Hobbs
Voice:  (415) 940-2061

dorourke@polyslo.UUCP (David M. O'Rourke) (07/15/88)

In article <3630@bnrmtv.UUCP> hobbs@bnrmtv.UUCP (Greg Hobbs) writes:
>I am in the process of writing  a  small  application  that  will
>allow  the  user  to  read/write  data from/to SCSI attached hard
>disks.  This is not a driver but simply a read/write x number  of
>records at  location  y  program  using  the  SCSI manager.  I am

  What's wrong with the Macintosh's Fileing System calles, and read x number
of records from location y in a particular file??

  I'm not triing to be difficult.  But I can't think of too many reason's
to go directly to the SCSI drive, short of writting a device drive.

  Any comments as to why you need to go to the SCSI manager as opposed to
the Device Manager would be appreciated.

--
David M. O'Rourke

Disclaimer: I don't represent the school.  All opinions are mine!