[comp.sources.wanted] ARC for BSD 4.?

srt@romeo.cs.duke.edu (Stephen R. Tate) (07/22/88)

I recently got the sources for ARC from SIMTEL20.ARPA, but unfortunately,
the version on SIMTEL has quite a few bugs.  I have fixed a few, but I'm
tired of looking at it.  Is there a newer version for BSD 4.2/4.3 that
has these bugs fixed?  I had a version previously running on a Vax that
worked fine -- now that the vax is gone nothing seems to work right....

Steve Tate			ARPA:  srt@cs.duke.edu
				CSNET: srt@duke
				UUCP: ..!{ihnp4,decvax}!duke!srt

In article <12072@duke.cs.duke.edu> srt@romeo.cs.duke.edu (Stephen R. Tate) writes:
>I recently got the sources for ARC from SIMTEL20.ARPA, but unfortunately,
>the version on SIMTEL has quite a few bugs.  I have fixed a few, but I'm
>tired of looking at it.  Is there a newer version for BSD 4.2/4.3 that
>has these bugs fixed?  I had a version previously running on a Vax that
>worked fine -- now that the vax is gone nothing seems to work right....

If the version you got from SIMTEL was labeled:
PD:<UNIX-C.ARC-PROGS>ARC.SHAR.Z, dated sometime around 3-7-88, then you
have something about 3 revisions out of date. Check out comp.sources.unix
for the latest. It works quite a bit better, although it still has a bug
or two in it. I've got most of the patches put together now, and a newer
scandir.c for Sys V as well, so you should also watch comp.sources.bugs
in about a day or two for the "official" patch file...
--
  /
 /_ , ,_.                      Howard Chu