[comp.sources.wanted] CHEMDRAW

sam@murdu.OZ (Sam Ganesan) (07/27/88)

Does any body on Netland know about a program for the Mac called Chemdraw.
I have an old version of it but it has a few major glitches in the save
and the print operations. So everytime I have drawn a figure I copy to
clipboard paste into Macdraw and use the print facilities from there.

Would anybody happen to know whether Chemdraw is available on Public domain
and if so how can I get it. If any body has it and is willing to mail it
to me, I would be eternally grateful.[I hate drawing purines and pyrimidines
by hand]

Thankyou very much

Sam Ganesan

E - mail :
ACSnet: sam@murdu.mu.oz                JANET: sam%murdu.mu.oz@uk.ac.ukc
ARPA  : sam%murdu.mu.oz.au@uunet.uu.net       sam%murdu.mu.oz@uk.ac.ean-relay
UUCP  : {uunet,pyramid,mcvax,nttlab,ukc}!munnari!murdu.mu.oz.au!sam
Snail : Sam Ganesan, Microbiology Dept,Melbourne University, Parkville,
        Victoria 3052, Australia.

john@trigraph.UUCP (John Chew) (07/30/88)

In article <1415@murdu.OZ> sam@murdu.OZ (Sam Ganesan) writes:
>Does any body on Netland know about a program for the Mac called Chemdraw.
>I have an old version of it but it has a few major glitches in the save
>and the print operations. So everytime I have drawn a figure I copy to
>clipboard paste into Macdraw and use the print facilities from there.
>
>Would anybody happen to know whether Chemdraw is available on Public domain
>and if so how can I get it. If any body has it and is willing to mail it
>to me, I would be eternally grateful.[I hate drawing purines and pyrimidines
>by hand]

The latest major version number is 2.0 and the only gripe I have
about it is that it *requires* System 4.2/Finder 6.0, making it
less than easy to run on our old 512K.  On the other hand, it runs
fine on a Mac II.  It supports multiple documents, improved object
selection, improved text handling, and best of all, does not require
the old ChemDraw Laser Prep file for printing.

However, to the best of my knowledge, ChemDraw has never been in
the public domain.  It lists for US$49 and is available from:

Cambridge Scientific Computing
#41, 875 Massachusetts Avenue
Cambridge, MA 02139, U.S.A.
+1 617 491 6862

Disclaimer: I speak only as a satisfied user of ChemDraw and have
	no connection with Cambridge Scientific Computing.

john j. chew, iii  poslfit@utorgpu.bitnet
    trigraph, inc. poslfit@gpu.utcs.toronto.edu
  toronto, canada  {uunet!mnetor!utzoo,utgpu,utcsri}!trigraph!john
  [it is my opinion that these are solely my opinions.]

--

g556871349ea@deneb.ucdavis.edu (0040;0000002291;0;745;352;) (08/04/88)

In article <397@trigraph.UUCP> john@trigraph.UUCP (John Chew) writes:
>In article <1415@murdu.OZ> sam@murdu.OZ (Sam Ganesan) writes:
>>Does any body on Netland know about a program for the Mac called Chemdraw.
>>Would anybody happen to know whether Chemdraw is available on Public domain
>>and if so how can I get it. If any body has it and is willing to mail it
>
>However, to the best of my knowledge, ChemDraw has never been in
>the public domain.  It lists for US$49 and is available from

I wish it was only $49! I believe that it costs around $495. Version 2.0 also
has a serial number and owner name implanted in the program which (as rumor
has it) is used to track down sources of illegal copies and users.