[comp.sources.wanted] diff between f77 and FORTRAN-XLTP

tychan@bradley.UUCP (08/23/88)

Is there a lot of difference between ATT 3B2 "f77" and the ATT
FORTRAN-XLTP, their compiler that uses the floating point co-processor.
Basically, is there a lot of work to port a fortran program written for
f77 to that for FORTRAN-XLTP.

We are interested in porting a spice program.

Thanks.

T. Y. Chan
Electrical and Computer Engineering and Technology
Bradley University
TEL No. (309) 677-2731

UUCP: {att,cepu,uiucdcs,noao}!bradley!buec3b2!tychan
ARPA: cepu!bradley!buec3b2!tychan@seas.ucla.edu
ATTMAIL: attmail!bradley!buec3b2!tychan

john@polyof.UUCP ( John Buck ) (08/25/88)

In article <10600014@bradley>, tychan@bradley.UUCP writes:
> Is there a lot of difference between ATT 3B2 "f77" and the ATT
> FORTRAN-XLTP, their compiler that uses the floating point co-processor.

We have something call FORTRAN-XLA (It's probably the thing your interested in.)
Yes, it appears to be f77 in disguise.  Same error messages, same libraries.
We did, in fact, port SPICE 2G to it successfully, however, there are a couple
of bugs in the compiler, most notable (the one that caused the most trouble),
was a function call in a 3-way IF statement:

	IF(FUNCX)10,20,30
This caused 2 evaluations of FUNCX(), which can cause trouble, if your FUNCX
routines does input, for example, or changes variables...

Otherwise it worked fine.

john@polygraf.bitnet
john@polyof.poly.edu