[comp.sources.wanted] Ispell, latest version

franco@bbn.com (Frank A. Lonigro) (08/31/88)

Where can I find the latest version of Ispell????  Hopefully, with all known
patches allready applied to it.  While I have your attention, Has anyone
ported Ispell to the Macintosh?????

Thanks,
-franco

franco%bbn.com@relay.cs.net
franco@bbn.com
...!harvard!bbn!franco

james@bigtex.uucp (James Van Artsdalen) (08/31/88)

In article <29162@bbn.COM>, franco@bbn.com (Frank A. Lonigro) wrote:

> Where can I find the latest version of Ispell?

Ispell is available on bigtex for anonymous uucp download.  I have
placed my personal development copy (hacked at to work on SysVr3) for
downloading too, for anyone having trouble with SysV compatibility.

phone: 512-327-8951
speed: Trailblazer PEP/2400 (PEP tones first)
login: nuucp  (no password)
index: /usr3/Index

The two files of interest are /usr3/emacs/ispell.tar.Z which is from
prep.ai.mit.edu, and /usr3/emacs/ispell.sysv.Z, which is a tar file of
my modified copy.
--
James R. Van Artsdalen    ...!uunet!utastro!bigtex!james     "Live Free or Die"
Home: 512-346-2444 Work: 328-0282; 110 Wild Basin Rd. Ste #230, Austin TX 78746

wsinrobg@eutrc3.UUCP (Rob Gerth) (09/02/88)

In article <7289@bigtex.uucp> james@bigtex.UUCP (James Van Artsdalen) writes:
>In article <29162@bbn.COM>, franco@bbn.com (Frank A. Lonigro) wrote:
>
>> Where can I find the latest version of Ispell?
>
>Ispell is available on bigtex for anonymous uucp download.  I have
>placed my personal development copy (hacked at to work on SysVr3) for
>downloading too, for anyone having trouble with SysV compatibility.

And what does the rest of the world do? I'd like to have it too but
have no access to bigtex and can't FTP. HELP!!
--
					Rob Gerth

uucp:	mcvax!eutrc3!wsinrobg	| Eindhoven University of Technology
bitnet: wsdcrobg@heitue5	| 5600 MB Eindhoven, The Netherlands

james@bigtex.uucp (James Van Artsdalen) (09/03/88)

In article <314@eutrc3.UUCP>, wsinrobg@eutrc3.UUCP (Rob Gerth) wrote:

> And what does the rest of the world do? I'd like to have it too but
> have no access to bigtex and can't FTP. HELP!!

An interesting problem.  Exactly what am I supposed to do?  I will not
mail a 250K file to Europe - I don't even mail sources within the US
unless I can reach the destination without impose real costs on
anyone.  Other sites in the Netherlands have called using TB+/PEP to
download sources, so I know it can be done from there.