[comp.sources.wanted] Wanted: CCITT T.4 spec

hjp@bambam.UUCP (Howard J. Postley) (09/08/88)

I have been trying to find the specification of the CCITT
T.4 recommendation for about three months.  The best I have
been able to do is find small parts.

Could anyone out there in net land point me to a source that
covers that complete spec.  I don't want to write to Geneva
to get it, on the other hand going to get it might not be out
of the question %-) ...

Any help or other pointers would be tremendously appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
//howard

P.s.   There is a program called bmx that, like pbm, converts
between graphic formats.  In the case of bmx, one of those is
CCITT T.4.  Trouble is, I can't find bmx sources.  I would
appreciate any pointers to it also.

--
Howard Postley      usenet:  uunet!bambam!hjp
On Word             phone:   +1 213 399 7733

c60c-4au@e260-4d.berkeley.edu (Erik Talvola) (09/08/88)

In article <21@bambam.UUCP> hjp@bambam.UUCP (Howard J. Postley) writes:

>P.s.   There is a program called bmx that, like pbm, converts
>between graphic formats.  In the case of bmx, one of those is
>CCITT T.4.  Trouble is, I can't find bmx sources.  I would
>appreciate any pointers to it also.
>
>Howard Postley      usenet:  uunet!bambam!hjp
>On Word             phone:   +1 213 399 7733
>                    snail:   2434 Main St; Santa Monica, CA  90405

I have the BMX sources which I obtained from ftp at csli.stanford.edu.
In the directory pub/Gandalf there exists the full bmx system, including
all the source files in normal and tar form.  If you don't have luck, mail
me and I'll send you the files.

----- Erik Talvola
c60c-4au@web.berkeley.edu
erikt@zen.berkeley.edu

In article <21@bambam.UUCP> hjp@bambam.UUCP (Howard J. Postley) writes:
>I have been trying to find the specification of the CCITT
>T.4 recommendation for about three months.  The best I have
>been able to do is find small parts.

The best I've seen was the AMD booklet for their en/decoding
chip.

Normally I'd have mailed this, but perhaps somebody has a better
reference, or I may even have missed the boat entirely here.

--
                  ``Beam THAT between your pointy ears''
richard@gryphon.CTS.COM                               {backbone}!gryphon!richard