[comp.sources.wanted] SCCS to RCS converter?

james@bigtex.uucp (James Van Artsdalen) (09/06/88)

Does anyone have a utility for converting SCCS files to RCS?  I'd
rather not do it by hand.
--
James R. Van Artsdalen    ...!uunet!utastro!bigtex!james     "Live Free or Die"
Home: 512-346-2444 Work: 328-0282; 110 Wild Basin Rd. Ste #230, Austin TX 78746

kg@elan.UUCP (Ken Greer) (09/07/88)

From article <7593@bigtex.uucp>, by james@bigtex.uucp (James Van Artsdalen):
> Does anyone have a utility for converting SCCS files to RCS?  I'd
> rather not do it by hand.

I wrote one about 6 years ago and is on the 4.xBSD user contributed
software tape.  It's called, oddly enough, "sccstorcs".
--
Ken Greer
Elan Computer Group, Inc.

gary@apexepa.UUCP (Gary Wisniewski) (09/08/88)

In article <7593@bigtex.uucp> james@bigtex.uucp (James Van Artsdalen) writes:
>Does anyone have a utility for converting SCCS files to RCS?  I'd
>rather not do it by hand.

There is a program called 'sccstorcs' which should be included with your
RCS distribution.  It takes care of the conversion.

--
Gary J. Wisniewski				  Apex Software Corporation
{allegra,bellcore,cadre}!pitt!darth!apexepa!gary  Phone: (412) 681-4343

james@bigtex.uucp (James Van Artsdalen) (09/09/88)

In article <341@apexepa.UUCP>, gary@apexepa.UUCP (Gary Wisniewski) wrote:

> In article <7593@bigtex.uucp> james@bigtex.uucp (me) writes:
> >Does anyone have a utility for converting SCCS files to RCS?

> There is a program called 'sccstorcs' which should be included with your
> RCS distribution.  It takes care of the conversion.

Thanks for all of the mail.  sccstorcs is not part of the RCS
distribution.  It is part of the user-contributed utilities to BSD.
I've made some fixes to it so that it will handle removed deltas and
preserve the username and timestamp on a per-delta basis, and hope to
post the changes soon.