[comp.sources.wanted] RESPONSE: VI for MS-DOS Environment

david@epicb.UUCP (David P. Cook) (09/09/88)

Newsgroups: comp.sources.wanted
Subject: Re: MS-DOS vi

In article <3937@ubc-cs.UUCP> 70646864@ugly.cs.ubc.ca (viola po-ying lee) writes:
>In article <115@sjsumcs.UUCP> hom@sjsumcs.UUCP (Hom Bahmanyar) writes:
>>I am looking for a version of vi that will run in the MS-DOS environment.
>>I already have a version by "Jim Goodnow" (?) which seems to be a very
>>buggy version.  If you have another version of vi for MS-DOS, I would
>>appreciate it if you could let me know.

I have used a version of VI called PC/VI by CUSTOM SOFTWARE SYSTEMS which
is VERY GOOD and appears to be a COMPLETELY compatible VI with all the goodies
and none of the problems (I have used Jim's VI also and have noted that it
does have some glitches).  The most recent address I have for this company
is:
	    Custom Software Systems
	    P.O. BOX 678, NATICK MA 01760
	    617-653-2555
--
         | David P. Cook            Net:  uunet!epicb!david        |
         | Truevision Inc.  |   "Specialization is for insects"    |