[comp.sources.wanted] Tektronix 410X emulator for SUN's

taube@sm.luth.se (Lars-Gunnar Taube) (09/20/88)

Greetings!!

We are very interested to know if there exists a Tektronix 410X
emulator for color SUN's. Any help appreciated!!

As an alternative, we know there are some terminal emulators
for Macintosh II, (VersaTerm PRO) but we would much rather have a
useful program for our SUN-3:s.

Please answer by mail, and I'll summarize if there's enough interest.

advTHANKSance

--
taube@luth.UUCP                                         Lars-Gunnar Taube
taube@sm.luth.se                                        Dept of Math & CS

neff@pitstop.UUCP (Mike Neff) (09/23/88)

In article <1222@luth.luth.se> Lars-Gunnar Taube <taube@luth.luth.se> writes:
>Greetings!!
>
>We are very interested to know if there exists a Tektronix 410X
>emulator for color SUN's. Any help appreciated!!
>
>As an alternative, we know there are some terminal emulators
>for Macintosh II, (VersaTerm PRO) but we would much rather have a
>useful program for our SUN-3:s.
>

>Please answer by mail, and I'll summarize if there's enough interest.
>

>advTHANKSance
>

>--
>taube@luth.UUCP                                         Lars-Gunnar Taube
>taube@sm.luth.se                                        Dept of Math & CS
>...{uunet,mcvax}!enea!luth!taube                        U of Lule, SWEDEN

Lars,

Try a company called the Bristol Group.  They make a Tek emulator called
Isotek that emulates all Tektronix's including Tek 4125, 410x, and 420x, etc.
I saw it demoed and it looks pretty nice.  They're also coming out with a
VT220 emulator.  After a cursory demo of their product the only thing I
noticed of any significance that was different was that they don't provide
the color setup utility that's in Tektronix terminals.  Here's their address:

Bristol Group, Ltd.
P.O. Box 910
Londonderry, NH  03053
USA
(603) 437-3700
TLX 9102503755
Edward B. Corell

Hope this helps.  I apologize to the net for not emailing this but I
couldn't get email through to you for some reason.

Mike Neff
Palo Alto SE
Sun Microsystems, Inc.
mneff@sun.com or ..!sun!pitstop!neff (UUCP)

Disclaimer:  Although the Bristol Group is a catalyst vendor for Sun, my
statements here shouldn't imply any official endorsement of the Bristol
Group on the part of Sun.