[comp.sources.wanted] TIFF

adtaiwo@royal.mit.edu (Ademola O. Taiwo) (10/09/88)

In article <276@serene.CTS.COM> dburkes@pnet12.cts.com (Danny Burkes) writes:
>Ken:
>I said, Aldus will send you TIFF specs (they are the proprieters of the
>file format).

To the best of my informed knowledge Bear River Associates owns TIFF.
I quote in part from a document DEST Corporation sent out a while back.
"The TIFF Library was created initially by Bear River Associates,
Inc., for use in DEST Corporation's Publish Pac application."
	TIFF is a public domain format for storage and exchange of
digital images, but different companies choose to adevertise it a
different times. If you want to talk to DEST, they may be reached at
	DEST Corporation
	1201 Cadillac Court
	Milpitas CA 95035
Tel	(408) 946-7100

I got my TIFF Creation and Access library from them.

dburkes@pnet12.cts.com (Danny Burkes) (10/11/88)

adtaiwo@royal.mit.edu (Ademola O. Taiwo) writes:
>In article <276@serene.CTS.COM> dburkes@pnet12.cts.com (Danny Burkes) writes:
>>Ken:
>>I said, Aldus will send you TIFF specs (they are the proprieters of the
>>file format).
>>

>To the best of my informed knowledge Bear River Associates owns TIFF.
>I quote in part from a document DEST Corporation sent out a while back.
>"The TIFF Library was created initially by Bear River Associates,
>Inc., for use in DEST Corporation's Publish Pac application."
>	TIFF is a public domain format for storage and exchange of
>digital images, but different companies choose to adevertise it a
>different times. If you want to talk to DEST, they may be reached at
>	DEST Corporation
>	1201 Cadillac Court
>	Milpitas CA 95035
>Tel	(408) 946-7100
>
>I got my TIFF Creation and Access library from them.

If I am wrong, I stand corrected....I was only quoting from an earlier
version of the TIFF docs I got from Aldus.  No harm intended ;-)

Dan

UUCP: {crash ncr-sd uunet}!serene!pnet12!dburkes
ARPA: crash!pnet12!dburkes@nosc.mil
INET: dburkes@pnet12.cts.com