[comp.sources.wanted] Wanted: IMSL library

dempsey@handel.ColoState.EDU (Steve Dempsey) (10/19/88)

I'm looking for an IMSL library for 4.[23]BSD.  I thought I saw it somewhere
when I got some other sources not too long ago.  Ftp preferred.
Thanks,

 /\             \Steve Dempsey,  Center For  \steved@longs.LANCE.ColoState.Edu
 \/ _|/ _       _\Computer Asisted Engineering\dempsey@handel.CS.ColoState.Edu
 /\  | (_) | |_(_)\Colorado State University   \...!ncar!handel!dempsey
/_/_/(_/\_/ V   \_ \Fort Collins, CO  80523     \(303)-491-0630

chpf127@ut-emx.UUCP (J. Eaton) (10/19/88)

In article <476@ccncsu.ColoState.EDU>, (Steve Dempsey) writes:

> I'm looking for an IMSL library for 4.[23]BSD.  I thought I saw it somewhere
> when I got some other sources not too long ago.  Ftp preferred.
> Thanks,
>
> Steve Dempsey   steved@longs.LANCE.ColoState.Edu

I mailed this to the last person who posted a similar request not long
ago, but will post it now, for the general benefit of all [wo]*mankind (-:

   The IMSL math and statistics libraries are definitely *not* public domain
   (thought many of their algorithms are based on algoritihms and code
   which are, such as LINPACK, EISPACK, etc.).  They are also not cheap,
   and have different prices for different target machines.

   My advice on IMSL:  stay away from it if possible since you can't take
   it with you.  Opt for the public domain packages wherever possible.

   In any case, if you want to get more information, write to

     IMSL
     2500 ParkWest Tower One
     2500 CityWest Boulevard
     Houston, TX  77042-3020

   Note:  They also handle the official distribution of many public
          domain subroutine packages, but you probably won't get
          any info on them unless you specifically request it.  Ask
          for information on their `distribution service'.  It is
          also possible to obtain most everything they offer through
          their distribution service over the net... (are tapes obsolete
          yet? :-)

   Another note:  Though it should be obvious, I am in no way connected
                  with IMSL, never have been, never hope to be, etc.

   Hope this helps,

   J. Eaton                                      Not really doing anything
   UT Department of Chemical Engineering                    with chemicals