[comp.sources.wanted] C Benchmarks

cd@hrc63.co.uk (Colin Denman "GECCL") (10/18/88)

I have the old Dhrystone benchmark source (C/1.1 12/01/84, updated 02/17/86)
and would like to get a more recent version, with results. Other 'recognised'
benchmark programs (and results) would also be welcomed.

I am a little (!) out of touch with this field, but I imagine the Byte
benchmarks would be relevant. Various marketing types have decided this
is the fashionable activity this week.

		Colin J Denman
		Senior Programmer
		GPT Data Systems
		cd@uk.co.gec-rl-hrc (or somesuch)

sloane@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu (Bob Sloane) (10/21/88)

In article <538@hrc63.co.uk>, cd@hrc63.co.uk (Colin Denman "GECCL") writes:
> I have the old Dhrystone benchmark source (C/1.1 12/01/84, updated 02/17/86)
> and would like to get a more recent version, with results. Other 'recognised'
> benchmark programs (and results) would also be welcomed.

The National Bureau of Standard maintains a server which will send you various
information on benchmarks, including programs and results.  Here is what they
offer:

NBSLIB@ICST-CMR.ARPA -  National Bureau of Standards

     The  NBSLIB is  a collection  of  benchmarks,  measurement  data,  and  a
     bibliography on  benchmarking maintained at NBS  as part of a  project on
     the performance measurement of parallel computers.  The collection exists
     to provide  a pool  of measurement data  and benchmarks  on more  or less
     "large" computers.    For more  information on  how to  send commands  to
     NBSLIB, send the following command as the first line of a mail message:

          SEND DOC FROM INFO

     Accepts commands via MAIL.

Hope this helps.
|  Bob Sloane        \Internet: SLOANE@KUHUB.CC.UKANS.EDU/Anything I said is |
|  Computer Center    \ BITNET: SLOANE@UKANVAX.BITNET   / my opinion, not my |
|  University of Kansas\  AT&T: (913) 864-0444         /  employer's.        |