[comp.sources.wanted] Public domain 'rn' wanted

tom@dvnspc1.Unisys.COM (Tom Albrecht) (11/17/88)

Does anyone have a copy of the 'rn' news reader?  I've been told that it is
not in the public domain.  Is that true, and was it ever in the public domain?

Thanks

--
Tom Albrecht

jack@turnkey.TCC.COM (Jack F. Vogel) (11/20/88)

In article <105@dvnspc1.Unisys.COM> tom@dvnspc1.Unisys.COM (Tom Albrecht) writes:
>Does anyone have a copy of the 'rn' news reader?  I've been told that it is
>not in the public domain.  Is that true, and was it ever in the public domain?

Whoever told you that rn is not public domain is seriously misinformed, it is
and always has been public domain. There are many places you can find the
source, check your local uucp neighbors or if all else fails you can get it
from turnkey via anonymous uucp, the details are:

	phone = 714 662-7450
	login: nuucp  no password
	file: /usr/spool/uucppublic/rn.tar.Z

If you are interested in what other sources are available request the file
/usr/spool/uucppublic/files.

					Good luck,

--
Jack F. Vogel
Turnkey Computer Consultants, Costa Mesa, CA

root@conexch.UUCP (Larry Dighera) (11/24/88)

In article <105@dvnspc1.Unisys.COM> tom@dvnspc1.Unisys.COM (Tom Albrecht) writes:

>Does anyone have a copy of the 'rn' news reader?  I've been told that it is
>not in the public domain.  Is that true, and was it ever in the public domain?

You can get a copy of rn C source code via anonymous uucp from conexch.
You'll find the necessary information to access conexch in the .signature
below.

For a list of all the programs currently available from conexch, uucp
/usr3/public/FILES to your system.

Larry Digehra

--
USPS: The Consultants' Exchange, PO Box 12100, Santa Ana, CA  92712
TELE: (714) 842-6348: BBS (N81); (714) 842-5851: Xenix guest account (E71)